7.21.2009

Projects, Projects...{clap! clap! clap, clap, clap!}

Tons done today. Ran to Muskegon to grab a few things...forgot most of them. Made it home and started in. It was a good day, but man, what a great day to be outside!

An empty purple wall. It used to have a clock on it. Decided the clock made more sense on another wall where I could see it from the front door. {you know, as I am running out, late for work as always!}
3 new Pottery Barn frames {from the outlet} and 3 pieces of scrapbook paper later... {101 is having a sale as well}
Haha. They actually look funny on the wall. Really small. On here, the frames don't even look like frames. It has only taken me, like, three years to use the darn things. Has it been 3 years already?

A better view...
Next, on to the boys' room. Grandpa Stratton built the desk last year but we've had no chairs to sit on. Aha! The utility room is housing matching antique chairs from Keith's grandma...
Ta-da...simply needed a couple of tees, a screwdriver and a staple gun...
Beautious...
And, what's one without the other?
Lastly, for the day, {except for some smaller projects} my boys are growing up so it is only fitting that they graduate from the comforters they've had since they were 3 and 5. I now have blankets for my camper and Caleb and Andrew have more mature bedding. I about gagged over the price of this quilt, but my lovely sista just happened to have an extra!!! And I bought he last one. Meant to be? You betcha.

Projects were sidelined due to the early onset of fall. Andrew had to be in Twin lake @ 5:30 for football drills. We then ran through the mickey d's drive-thru for the other two boys and headed to church. Caleb took part in a service project, cleaning up the flower beds, for his youth group. I drove back to Twin Lake with 5 minutes to spare to pick Andrew up. We headed to North Muskegon this time to get Andrew dinner at that mickey d's. I pulled in the drive at 7:30 and Keith called to let me know he wouldn't make it home from Catholic's 7 on 7 in Fremont in time to pick up Caleb. Holy ah! Back to Montague...about 15 minutes later, I got the call back and was off the hook. Whew. I finished a few more things in the boy's room and called it a night.





5 comments:

JT said...

Great idea for the chairs! I bet the boys just love 'em!

Mandy said...

I LOVE the chairs! Also love the purple wall! Looks great! I wish I had an ounce of your creativity!!

jennie said...

Ohhh, The wall looks great! Love the frames, if you wanted them to look bigger, you could paint 3 large rectanges behind them and then re-hang them in each of the rectangles. You know, because you really need more projects;)

jennie said...

Oh yeah, and I hope you were wearing your heels durring all this!!
LOL!

Kristin said...

More mature bedding? We won't tell anyone that you got it from a 6 year old?!?! Everything looks great...especially the chairs!!!