7.06.2009

Admission...

My name is Jodi. I'm a shoeaholic. {the first step toward recovery is admitting, right?}

I have been jonesin' for new shoes and I wasn't able to get any last week because of what I refer to as the Kyle Ordeal. Friday the office was closed and Kyle was spending the day with gramma so I decided to hit a few stores. I had no intention of hitting the mall. I popped into Goodwill to find a fabulous painting project-in-waiting. I found nothing. I wasn't deterred. I spent a lot of time at Target only to find nothing...except a pair of goes-with-anything strappiness...{and they were on sale}

Lovely. Meant to go to Hob Lob but realized I had the wrong wallet with me and didn't want to spend my own money when I had a gift card. I skipped the store, but was really bummed since I have a laundry list of things I'd like from there. On to Teej...{the Maxx} I, again, spent tons of time in there. Wow, to have peace. ;) I found these great Jessica Simpson bright orange spiky heels but they weren't in my size. I rounded the corner only to find them In. My. Size. and In. The. Clearance. Section. But they were still marked at 39.00. Too much. Besides, I couldn't think of a thing they matched in my closet beside basic black. I think I would feel like a pumpkin or something. I did a lot of debating but gave up after noticing the PILE in my cart. 2 tees, 2 tops, 2 dresses, and a handful of trinkets.

Not one to give up while the goin' is good, I headed over to Younkers for my final stop. Needed tinted moisturizer. Ah, the mall entrance was just so close...okay one {more} stop. Charlotte. What did I have to lose? My girl carries the best shoes.

I heard the angels sing as I walked to the back of the store. All shoes were buy 1 get one for 10 smacks! Simply joyous! I just started grabbing shoes off all the shelves. I lined them up in a long row on the floor and when the sales girl asked if I needed to try a shoe, I replied, "Yes...all of these. In a 7." It was then that I should have realized I have a problem. I found 3 I simply could not live without. This created another problem. I am not one to pass up a deal and to not get a 4th for 10. would've been a fashion faux pa. So...

The last pick...actually a great pick because a) this fab peacock color goes with a purse I have and b) {the best} one of the dresses I bought at Teej is PEACOCK! OMG! The same off blue color?? Must've been meant to be!
The fan fave... or at least the sales girl's fave. These are the first pair I tried on. Love. {sigh}
The sassy ones...another girl was actually trying these on. The bottom strip is actually mirrored. These are, hands down, the most comfortable. Funny. I asked the girl if she was buying these. She replied with a "hell yeah." I swore to her we'd never run into each other wearing the same shoes. She said it was okay either way and she'd throw down if she had to. I told her I'd lose on purpose just to buy the shoes.
The sexy ones...according to the myriad of dark skinned ladies checking out my goods. {my shoe pile, people} I was told I had to buy these because they were so sexy. hehe. These are, by far, the Most. Uncomfortable. Shoes. EVER.

I totally am past the uncomfortableness of them because check this out. Talk about making my day over and over again...

Yeah, baby! I already own a 3 piece bag collection that totally matches the shoes! Giddy. Falalalala lalalala. Do alcoholics get this way over booze?

The only obstacle is the shoe closet. Remember the pic I posted? Where am I to put all these new beauties? What would Keith do if he came home one day to find his hats moved? I think it only fair since this is MY vision of loveliness and not his. Whadaya think???
{sigh} {super sigh} I may have a problem but it's so worth it. Couldn't it be much, much worse?


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

JT said...

All heels again, good Lord! I actually like the zebras best- HOT! And just where are you going to wear all these lovlies???

jennie said...

For real...Where do you wear these? With all the kid running you do, I hope you dont torture your poor soles(ha!)in those things!!

BTW- BIG fan of the peacock colored ones. Look very versatle and FUN:)

Oh and the feathers are cute. Have you fallen for the feather hair accessory look? I kinda wish I could pull it off. Looks super cute on the young-uns.

Kristin said...

The darked skinned ladies..honestly...do you have to "screen" your writing that much?!?!? I am sure all the BLACK ladies out there reading this blog are not offended with me right now!!!

I, too, love the black and white ones. Good for you for buying cute shoes that you can never actually wear because they kill your feet. Oh wait, who am I talking to...you will wear them...they are too cute not to!! It is I who prefers tennies or at least comfortable heels.

Jodi said...

Oh gals...I will wear these...how cute will I be showing up at my ball games this winter in black pants, a white tee and those awesome shoes?? Oh, and not to mention the to die for red bag and matching wallet I received for Mothers Day! Yay me!!!!

Jennie, I live in heels. People call me...{short} Can you believe it????? It is a bit tricky in the summer, but come fall...so in heels!

Kim :) said...

OK...not that I could wear ANY of them...but I think the black/white/red ones are my favorite too. You can definately wear them to football games with all your Lil' Vikes garb :)

Jodi said...

haha...no football games for those puppies...I meant while coaching this winter...I'm "supposed" to dress up.

The Lallo Family said...

I can't pick my jaw up off the floor right now! WOW! THE SHOES!
Jen

Shelly said...

holy shoes Jodi