6.25.2009

Burnin'...

Um, okay, I often refer to myself as a terrible mom for one reason or another. This time...Not. My. Fault. {not really}

Caleb had basketball yesterday. I checked my emails in the morning and saw that practice would be at the gym like normal, but it was being cut short to swim for the last little bit at the Annese pool. I thought that maybe he should have some sunscreen on for that because he would be in the sun for about 1/2 hour and it was ridiculously hot outside. I picked him up from a friend's house after work and only noticed he had some color on his face. Not bad.

Last night I was working on an incredibly fun project when Caleb said he was burnt from the sun on his shoulders. I told him to take off his shirt and I'd put some aloe on them. I was not quite prepared for what I saw, and I found the need to snap a shot to share.


Apparently, the gym floor was being refinished so the entire practice ended up at the Annese's. Caleb spent a couple of hours in the hot sun, playing ball, wearing arm bands, sweating his hiney off and swimming. Youch!


Oooh, and Kristin just mentioned a big sidewalk sale at the Tanger Outlets next weekend. Kensington, anyone??


Oooh, and I will share my fabulous project after the weekend. I intended to do so today, before Keith comes home, but I got a bit lazy last night and didn't fell like getting the drill, level and stud finder to finish it off.


Oooh, and I cannot wait to see the mosaic stepping stone made by a child of mine today at VBS! Lovin' the projects!!!


{I am adding to this post as a test...I cannot get my paragraphs to space out at the end...with all the "ooohs-no need to pay close attention}

1 comment:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Oh I would so be up for some shopping. I need a vacation from the chillens for a few hours.