6.10.2009

Ask...

...and you shall receive, Jennie.

The full size pic is much more spectacular. It even has easy to follow instructions for doing it right. I typically don't do things right...I am always looking for a shortcut to done.

I stopped by the Hokey Pokey today for inspiration. Inspiration, indeed. I've wanted a table for my living room, like a coffee table, for sitting around on the floor chatting and playing games or whatever. Everything in that room, from the furniture to the frames to the shelves are all square or rectangular in shape. I'd like a big round one to soften the lines a bit. I saw a sweet one but it is too small so I am brainstorming my own model. I still have 50.00 to Hob Lob and, thru Saturday, a 40% off coupon. I'd also like fabric for my wicker chair cushions and possibly some artwork {yes, fabric} and well, I love Hob Lob so if I walk in there I may end up with something completely different. Something paintable, perhaps? Hey, if anyone has a way to get hands on old wallpaper books, let me know. {another idea} I'm also into the idea of changing my dining room a bit. Still love the grape jelly walls but I saved a pic of a dining room {with the same purple walls, mind you} with oranges, avocados {colors, not fruit} and off whites...like white washed white. Brightens things up a bit. This translates to sanding a piece of furniture and white washing it. {with all my time}

Enjoy the fan. Come up with something to spray paint. It'll make you feel better. Guaranteed. Oh, and isn't the saying the greatest...

Life, etc...because style isn't just about what you wear.

4 comments:

JT said...

You sound like me... just gotta get your hands on something and make it DIFFERENT! I'm loving change right now : )

hmrubes said...

Jodi, call my mom (Debby Rubley - 557-2232). She might have the table you're looking for (you'd have to put some elbow grease into it though) and possibly the old wallpaper books. She'd love to help you out. -- Heather Rubley

jennie said...

We should steal away some Saturday and hit a bunch of antique/junk stores. I never get to go to those places, but really want to! I want some old books and childrens books. And if I could find a decent side or coffee table, I would go for that too.

I luv the fan. I also have developed a love for spraypaint. You get a lot of bang for your buck with spray paint. If you think of a place where a rasberry fan fits in, let me know:)

Kristin said...

Style is not just about what you wear it is who you are...

A home should be filled with you...things that represent you and make you happy. So represent and be happy all over the place...even if it is with a pink fan. Represent...peace to the brothers:)!!!