4.02.2009

Playing Catch Up...

Whew. Where do I begin? Since basketball has ended, I have been MIA. I needed and welcomed the hiatus. I think I just sat on the couch after coming home from work all last week. Or at least most of the week.

I am attempting to catch up with just one post. This seems backwards to me, but to follow the whole blog thing, I will start with the most recent stuff.

This pic is, well, I dunno. The moment was definitely waaay more cute than this photo depicts. Kyle, like all little boys, likes to mimic his daddy. I'm waiting anxiously for the day he decides to use a razor...
Last Friday I got together with my girls. My other girls. We planned on dinner out but changed it to us and kids at Johanna's. The big boys were not there and two other s were not as well but it was still a house full. Although I wanted to go, part of me wanted to stay home. you know how it is...it was my first weekend since coaching and I wanted to clean all weekend and Friday was the beginning of my weekend. I am sooo glad we planned it. The girls stayed upstairs for most of the night while the kids played...everywhere else. Later in the evening we all managed to end up downstairs with the kids. They were playing Rock Band. We were all singing along. Corinna noted that 15 years ago it was the five of us in our apartment and that night it was the 5 of us and all our children. {minus 4} What a riot. The night ended in the gym playing basketball. I have video of this and I was going to share, but I forgot to load it. There is a picture of us floating around that we wanted to duplicate that night but didn't think of it until one of us had left. Next time. Good news. I think we are going to get out for dinner after all. I think it'll be next week.
Alli and Issac turned 6 on the 19th...of March. holy cow, I have taken time off. We had cake and ice cream at the TenBrinkman's that night.
My mom and dad bought roller skates for each of the kids. We had a ball watching them take a spin. A little bit blurry but you get the idea...
Issac finally stopped when he fell and hit his face on the tile. He was a trooper.
This one makes me laugh. You can barely make out Alli in this pic. I don't know how to do all the manual stuff on my camera...
Alli wasn't quite the trooper Isaac was. She had enough at this point....
In other news, my cheer banquet was March 16. We planned it pretty much last minute because of the district games. News to me, the cheer banquet is no longer with other winter sports, including basketball. I think it is because girls and boys play at the same time now. I panicked for a few days prior, stressing about the speech. {or lack thereof} Long story short, I never even thought about what I was going to say until, um, 15 minutes prior to my arrival at the school. Well, actually, all day that day I googled banquet speech ideas and whatnot but came up with zero. Zilch. Nada. I dropped Kyle off at my mom's after work at 5:30 and headed to a quiet room where I wrote an entire speech, including specifics on each girl, in 10 minutes flat. then I was off. I shook the entire speech and my mouth was completely dry and I teared up twice but I never cried. Good for me. Those silly girls started by giving me flowers before the banquet and finished by giving me a humongous homemade card with sweet sentiments written in it by each of them and a cute teddy bear dressed in a Vikings cheerleading uniform. It is funny that they called me Coach Jodi because I've always just been coach. My tears actually came while reading my card and especially after a mom, whom I am afraid of, thanked me for personalizing my speech and telling me how much it meant from a parent's perspective. She validated me in a way. That was entirely the purpose for me coaching. I am definitely where I belong. Any sadness I've felt was washed away right then and there. I love that job. Love, love, love it! {and thank goodness it is over for a bit!!!}










No comments: