...basketball! Saturday was the first day of games for the boys. Andrew's games are all scheduled at 9:00 this season and Caleb's range between 11:00 and 1:00.
Andrew is just excited to play. He was jumping around but not doing much else. I think he does a pretty good job of blocking his guy. He touched the ball twice I think. The second time he wasn't sure what to do with it so he carried it to...I really don't know where he was going with it because the whistle was blown. I just sat with my head in my hands. One of my cheer parents came over to me {who also has a son/friend on the team} and said that all he saw when he looked at me was my head in my hands. He also asked if Andrew has played before. Is it wrong that I wanted to lie and tell him no?? The first games of the season are always fun to watch, but that was a little much! I'm sure Kris and Don were both really impressed!
Great job, yellow team! Zachary, Connor and Brandon did awesome!
Alyssa Huizenga told Jen after the game that they won! Jen told her that Casey's team lost. Alyssa's reply was, "Yeah, but Andrew's team won!" She hit it right on. With so many of our friend's boys playing, it is only natural to cheer for all of them, never mind the color of their jersey.Caleb's game was action packed. This year he plays full court. It is much more exciting than half court. I was constantly changing my zoom to accommodate my pictures. I'm still learning.
Another win for us. It was a great start to the season. Giving the boys a little confidence is not a bad thing.
On another note, we spent the evening at the Buchberger's Saturday night. Another great time. it always is with them. We moved away from the usual Catch Phrase in favor of a brand new game. I went on an 80's game kick a few years ago and had yet to play this one in particular. We played for hours. We started off in teams and,uh hum, the girls won first thing. I am not surprised by this. We always win. After that, we played for ourselves. What a riot! Now I'm on the lookout for a 90's version. I am convinced that I didn't listen to the radio for 10 years because I know nothing about 90's music. Maybe the boys will have a chance to win. Like a pity win. I think I'd give them that. It really is pathetic to see their faces time and time again as Chris and I hoot and holler over EVERY. SINGLE. WIN. But whatever.



1 comment:
We rock!! I think that's why Kevin wants the Seinfeld game because that's the only game he thinks he could beat us at! Anyway, we had a great time too!! We will have to plan another game night again soon!
Post a Comment