Saturday wasn't all monkey business...
The girls decided earlier in the week to do a stunt camp on Saturday. When finalizing it, one girl couldn't make it because of a prior commitment. I really wanted her there because she is a great base and I have very few of those. Camp was scheduled from 9-3. I was happy they were all in. It is funny. Time didn't seem to go too fast at all. I was afraid we just wouldn't get enough accomplished. Go girls!! I was pleasantly surprised by the want to try new things. I'm sure I mentioned before that I have 6 flyers, 4 bases and 2 back spots. Those numbers do not equal a well rounded squad. I was very impressed by the drive in these girls. All of them tried new positions...without me ever even asking them to. We had a great practice. We broke for lunch at 11:30. I picked up sandwiches at Pekadills. After lunch, we picked up where we left off.The girls were beat by 1:30. I felt bad for them so I let them slack off {on and off} for about an hour. In that time, most still wanted to practice back walkovers and tumbling. It's like pulling teeth, however, to get them to ever want to practice jumps. I LOVED jumping in high school. I think next time I'll need to run a jump and tumbling clinic. He He...I even managed a heel stretch. A right one. AND a left one! I suppose I thought I still had it in me because I also attempted a standing round off. It's contagious. I cannot help it. I wasn't trying to be COOL...believe me! COOL means I would not have been sore all day Sunday!! Good thing I was the one with the camera!!




No comments:
Post a Comment