I've been so busy lately that, obviously, I don't have much time for my family. I remind myself constantly that Keith told me from day one of this journey that I am always there taking care of everything at home during football season so it is only fair that he takes care of everything during basketball season. He's right. {not about that} He said that this is something I truly want and it wouldn't have made any sense to pass it by. Who knows when this opportunity will come along again.
When the girls decided to do a stunt clinic, I decided to plan something fun for the boys and I. Caleb had a friend over until 6:00 so it had to happen after that. We decided on dinner and bowling. I figured I would do it alone because Keith had to work and because I feel like a loser mom! I decided to see if Kristin wanted to take the kids too. Jimmy is always so busy so I assumed she would be sitting home. I decided to ask Keith first, and he was in, so I invited the whole TenBrinkman clan. All in. That segue was too long so I won't go into any more specifics.
We all met up at the MAC at 6:30. Keith got there early to put our name on the list so the wait wasn't long. I figured mac and cheese was a great choice for the kids, hence the location choice. Funny, out of the 6 kids, Caleb was the only one to get it. Him and the 4 adults! Yum.
The best I missed. The kids all got their food first. When ours came, I looked over and both Isaac and Ashley were eating off Jimmy's plate. No invitation, mind you. By the time I got my camera out, Isaac's focus was someplace else. It was too cute...
Before we left, Kyle wanted me to take a picture of him by the football wall. Here you go...the
football wall...{he could have at least smiled}
Keith headed home to get ready for work and the boys and I met the TenBrinkmans at AMF. Is that right?? We headed inside, only to be told there were no open lanes. Yes! You see, by the time dinner came, I told Kristin that I would rather go home. I am such a party pooper. She agreed. No, not that I am a party pooper. Or at least not by myself. The three of us adults agreed that Wii bowling would be just as much fun. The kids didn't see see the humor.
Okay so once we heard the news and turned around to head back out, my excitement turned to sadness as 4 little children cried that it wasn't fair and Alli said, "But what about meeee?" Poor kids. They just wanted to go bowling. We promised to come back during daytime hours and trekked to Kristin's. Wii didn't go over well. Jimmy, Isaac, Andrew and Caleb started bowling but then I think Jimmy quit. He picked up again later, but I think that was after the boys switched to tennis for a bit. I don't really know for sure because I was busy checking out Kristin's scrapbook stash. It was a perfect night for me. The other little ones were over their sadness quickly. As in as soon as they saw toys. Alli, Ash and Kyle played barbies and then the little twins played babies. Sweet. We were home by 10:00. Super sweet.
Who knew Wii bowling could leave you like this...
I won't even pretend to know...
1 comment:
That is why I put Jimmy in the middle of the red headed kids...so they eat his food and NOT mine!! I think we could save so much money if we stopped ordering them their own.
We had a great time; thanks for the invite!!!
Post a Comment