We had a blast and it was for a good cause so we couldn't go wrong. It was the end of the outing and we were waiting on one group of guys. They were parked over in the trees and having a pow-wow. I think they were tallying up their scores, but I am not sure. Anyway, I told my daycare not to put Kyle down for a nap because I would pick him up around 1:30ish. I was still waiting for the group at 2pm so I called over there to let the girls know I would be there as soon as I could.
I will never again see this face...
Apparently, Kyle was running through the house and fell on the tile. He was told to stop running before he gets hurt. He pulled a total Kyle, got up and proceeded to run! He slid across the tile and landed on his face. He cracked his tooth. Luckily, it was nothing worse than that. However...Kyle has the goofiest smile. Keith and I are constantly commenting on it. It is big and toothy. He's got "the big teeth" as Keith would say. Usually, we just call him Teeth. Well, we used to...
This isn't a great picture, and it's not as bad upside down, but it is what we get to look at every day. For the next 100 years. Or until he loses his front teeth. Of course it happened on a Friday so all the dentists I wanted to work with were closed. Monday morning, I called a pediatric dentist and I was told he'd have to be seen as a regular patient first, then they would consider working on him. No big deal. My daycare provider's dentist said he'd file his teeth down if Kyle could handle it. I never gave a second thought to anything different. The pediatric dentist said she wouldn't file it down and she wouldn't cap it for at least another year. WHAT?? The only reason I didn't schedule an appointment with my daycare provider's dentist was that the appointment available was during Keith's football practice. Bum Deal. It is semi growing on us. Not really, but it makes me feel better to say it is. Someone said it'll be an endearing thing. Sure, but after it is fixed. It'll be a great memory to look back on, but for now, not so much. Keith keeps saying he cracked his grill like a hockey player. That would only be acceptable if he did, indeed, crack his grill playing hockey. :(A little dark, a little swollen, a little bit like snaggle tooth...

3 comments:
Poor little guy! It is kinda cute though - such a 'boy' thing to do (although I wouldn't put something like that past Leah either).
Give him some extra hugs and take lots of pictures! At some point you will look back at this and smile.
He is so Ashley, what a cutie...
I think I would react the same as you. But honestly, it is cute! I mean, he is so stinkin' adorable to begin with now he really looks like the all-american boy!
Post a Comment