8.13.2008

Fun, Fun, Fun...

Okay, so WOW, We've been totally busy. I thought for sure I would blog our happenings as soon as I got back from vacay, and I didn't think I was that far behind until Kristin told me today to update already! She pointed out that my last entry was on the 28th...almost a month ago. At any rate, here is the rundown...

Before leaving for camping, we visited camper friends at Hill and Hollow. I don't know if I mentioned that before or not. We had reservations also but cancelled when I realized how much work it would be to do without Keith. Instead we decided to make a day trip out of it. The boys all had fun.

This is Andrew being tossed through the air by Brad VanBergen...he thought it was totally awesome...


Kyle made his first ever attempt at roasting marshmallows by himself. He wanted to roast, not eat, the icky, gooey treats. He also would've rather helped Keith with tending to the fire...not so good.

Kyle so desperately wanted to join in the game of catch being played by Keith and Caleb...

La Dee Da! Kyle swam, with swimmies, all by himself. He had an absolute ball...

We spent an evening downtown, putzing around at Craig's Cruisers...

...watching Keith and Kyle being lapped by Caleb! K's sour expression was caused by Kyle's not wanting to go too fast!

We also did a bit of mini golf. I had no desire so while the boys were racing, Andrew and I took 9 in...oh yeah I asked if I could only do 9...no luck! The girl at the shack asked us if we wanted to keep score or not. Andrew said no. Okay, is it just me, or if you already don't like to mini golf isn't it silly to play if you're not keeping score?? I would've just given my $ and walked away.

THIS is the reason I tried to nip the game in the bud while the others were go-karting...

I didn't plan for them to golf. I certainly didn't plan for them to catch up to us. (all thanks to the slow golfers who kept score in front of us) And I most certainly didn't ever intend to golf with them!

This is such a typical picture. Kyle is such a poop!


More randomness...







I thought I might add some thoughts regarding our vacay since I didn't do it earlier. Some may not call it a vacation. By the time I got to the campground, Keith and the big boys were already gone. Football started that same night. (we didn't know that when we took vacation time) I set up shop and put our new grill together (thanks, mom and dad) while Kyle ran around. We took many bike rides that night, as well as the rest of the week. I got up every morning and biked. The second day I rode downtown. It wasn't too long of a trip, but the sun was HOT and I biked uphill on the way back and I truly thought I was going to die! My mouth was sooo dry and I kept swallowing to produce saliva. I had that taste in my mouth...like I was going to throw up! Lo and behold I made it back and here I am. While in town playing around, we also went out for dinner (didn't want to cook) and stopped for ice cream. The boys got to draw pictures of themselves and each other (all 4 of them) on the floor to ceiling chalkboard and sing along to music from the piano-playing customer. Fun, Fun, fun!

No comments: