6.04.2008

Warm Fuzzies...

I am in love again today. Last night I received a package from the UPS man. Before I go on, there is a quick story I have to share. I cannot talk about the UPS man without thinking about this. Kristin and I both ordered from Victoria's Secret last winter. On the same day. A week or whatever later, Kristin finds a package on her front steps. Make that two packages. From Vicki's Secret. One was hers. One was mine. A note was attached to hers asking her to "deliver this to your sister since her driveway isn't plowed." Hellooo??? Why does the UPS man know that Kristin's sister lives next door or that Jodi's sister lives first on the route? Anyone a little freaked out? To clear nothing up, I don't know who the UPS man was who delivered my package yesterday, so...

One other thing before I get to my newest love interest. The package I received contained photos, but not the photos I should've received Monday or Tuesday...I am still waiting for my church directory pictures. Both Kristin and Jen had their family pics taken the same day we did. We even followed Jen. Both of them have shared portions of their photos with the blogosphere while I keep checking my mailbox. Or front porch. Maybe I should check my yard since that is where Keith found my debit card and Wesco Rewards card. Thanks, Kyle, for doing a complete overhaul on my van interior before locking it up tight with my keys inside. What a guy!

Okay, so the story is this. I took some pics last fall at the beach. You may remember them. I started my blog with them, individuals of the boys are still on the main page, and one of them was used for our Christmas cards. I love them. I've been meaning, since then, to do something with my ultimate fave and another fave. (I've seen that spelled fav, but this is the way I roll :) That and I did a spell check and I was right!) I finally did it last Friday since, of course, I am hosting a baby shower for a dear friend next weekend and I want to change a few things. I want to replace the wedding photo over my mantle because I am no Erica Cane so I don't need a portrait of me hanging over my fireplace. I ordered 2 16x20 prints. One for the mantle. One for the family room or somewhere. I am getting them mounted at Hob Lob. I will, of course, take pics when I get them done. Here are the ones I chose.

The first one, as much as I love it, will be the "other" picture. I have decided to hang the second one over the mantle. There is something so " " about this picture that gives me the warm fuzzies. It captures the innocence, 'you know? LOVE IT! I paid extra to have the numbers erased from Caleb's tee. The end results are FAB!!! I cannot wait to share!

6 comments:

JT said...

I love love love the beach pic of them walking. It's just as you said "innocent". It's my fav- no "E" : )

The Bug said...

What great pictures!! I agree the one with them walking does have that certain "something" about it.

jennie said...

I am planning on a beach photo shoot VERY soon...you did really well, no shadows on their faces and not a lot of squinting(my biggest downfall)
What time of day were these taken?
I love both pics, but the 2nd one is just breathtaking.

Janine said...

Ok, call me dense.
I love, love, love the photgraphs!
But I am not clear on what the UPS man brought?

Shelly said...

love the beach pictures, you have beautiful boys.

jennie said...

I realize that I do not have a good email address for you. But your bag is here!(and totally cute i might add...)I can't get over to you until Friday, but you can pick it up at my salon Mon Weds Fri between 4-7:30pm. Its in the Bucksnort Plaza on whitehall Road.
If I dont see you, I'll be tracking you down on Friday!
:)Jennie