We had a wonderful, albeit cold, holiday weekend. The wind was crazy, but it didn't keep us down. We camped with 8 other families, plus Buchberger's (Chris-I'm talking like Stark) brother and his family happened to fill the spot that Kristin had originally reserved. Susan's sister and her family also visited, as well as Pat, Jen and Abbi when they dropped the boys off.
Friday was the beginning of the pig fest for us. It was so bloody cold! Funny, the Margarator was in full swing all weekend, despite the weather. The kids must not have noticed the 50 mile an hour winds, because they swam and swam like it was the 13th of August! Silly kids.
We made it through without any major disasters...until Monday morning. This is what I found when I walked into the camper to wake up the boys.

Holy Crap! The only reason I wasn't super panicked is because I woke up to a little worse than this 6 years ago. I remember clearly the panic I felt back then. I rushed him to the doctor (then) and was told he had sun poisoning. He was outside in April at about 9:30 in the morning when it originally happened. The doc said it was just the first good sun of the year and to keep him under a brimmed hat. Fast forward...I couldn't remember if the doctor had prescribed an antibiotic or not, so we packed up QUICK and headed for the ER.
We sat forever and ended up with a doctor who was better to look at than talk to. He said this was caused by the sun and he had the same advice...keep Andrew under a brimmed hat. He sent us on our way with instructions to use Motrin and Benadryl. What? We missed breakfast for that?? Pat thinks this was caused by the pool because someone else was swollen in the face. I explained to him that Cameron (the boy) took Motrin for shin splints and ended up with a swollen jaw and that the bottle states you can have a reaction to the meds in the form of swelling. He certainly didn't look like Andrew. Caleb and Andrew both ended up with a tiny red rash on their arms, kind of like prickly heat. I would have to assume that if the pool caused this condition (identical to one he had in the past) then about 30 other kids would've had at least some trace of the rash or something.
Happily, today I found this bright smiling face looking back at me. Welcome back, baby!
2 comments:
Umm....Whoa. I cannot believe the sun can do that! So glad he's back to his regular self again. Dang!
I am so glad that everything resolved so quickly - there is nothing worse then there being something wrong with your kid!
Glad you had a great weekend otherwise though!
Post a Comment