4.30.2008

The Pacemaker Is In...

Abbi's surgery was yesterday morning at 7:30. I heard from Pat in the afternoon. abbi hadn't yet woken up from the surgery. All went well. Last night he called to let me know that her feeding tube was out. If I got this right, her drainage tube needs to come out before they start her on her meds. If that isn't right, well then I think both were supposed to happen this morning. Abbi needs to be on her meds for 48 hours before they hook her up to a transmitter (??) to monitor her. She needs to be monitored for 24 hours (on her meds) before the doctor will discharge her. They do not discharge on the weekend, which means it'll be darn close determining whether she gets to go home Friday night or Monday. These people need to get home. I was hoping they'd get the weekend to be home and get back to any sort of normalcy before Pat has to go back to work and leave Jen on her own. Certainly not that she can't handle it...look at what she has already been through! I just mean that even after 3 kids, I would be a little panicky over staying home alone on the first day after this sort of ordeal. Pat said Abbi's tachycardia was really bad the night before the surgery and that he was more scared that night than about the surgery itself. As of last night, she was doing well, but sleeping most of the time. They are going through so much right now as it is and on top of it, they are missing the boys like crazy! I sure hope they get to come home Friday so they can spend some time with Caleb and Andrew. It'll be good for all 5 of them!!

No comments: