4.30.2008

'Need To Get Movin...

I was over visiting Jennie's blog (Hi, Jennie) and shook my head in agreeance (apparently this isn't a recognized word to anyone but me) over the many projects I have in the works. All to be done before Mother's Day. I have a lot of ideas, but no ambition to do any of it. Actually, the last thing I am lacking right now is ambition. Kris and I just made it through our little league football's first ever spaghetti dinner fundraiser and it went very well, thank you very much! We ended up selling 170 dinners and are able to donate 170.00 to Chris and Angela!! (over to your right...are you clicking daily??) This week we are also in charge of concessions for our school's walk-a-thon fundraiser coming up Saturday...yes, I do know the percentage of rain falling has been upped from 60 to 80!! Sunday the staff appreciation committee meets to decorate both Shoreline and Ealy for the week long festivities happening Monday for our lovely teachers and staff. That ends on Friday and Saturday I have an all day cheerleading coach clinic in Lansing...yep, I bit the bullet and decided to coach other parent's girls since my boys are still boys and I ain't havin' no more! (babies or boys!!) Sunday is Mother's Day and I am waking up extra early to go to Abbi's baptism (I must really love her myself) and then am hosting an annual cookout at my house. Monday the 12th...(you thought I was done, didn't you??) Kyle is scheduled for surgery, which will be an interesting week, and that Saturday is our family's annual yard sale. So. I. Am. Ambitious.

I guess I should explain Kyle's surgery before I go any further. Kyle has had big time breathing problems since birth. He has had many prescriptions, including an inhaler and other steroids. He has had croup 7 times (hospitalized once) and more than a dozen ear infections. His pediatrician has talked about allergies and asthma but couldn't test Kyle until he was 2. Timing is never on my side, and many visits took place at the med center right around his second birthday, so when Kyle had his last episode, I had to see another doc because ours was sick. He referred us right away to an ENT...finally! I should mention also that the last time Kyle saw his doc he told me Kyle's tonsils were enlarged and that could also be the culprit behind his problems. The ENT scheduled Kyle to have his tonsils and adnoids removed. He doesn't need tubes, which surprised me, but he will need to have his ears drained-lots of fluid built up in there! The doc said it'll be a tough week for Kyle and for us. We will have to make sure he is careful about what he eats and we have to make sure he gets plenty of fluids or his throat may get too dry and it'll bleed and we'll end right back up in the hospital. I do not yet know if it is outpatient surgery or if he'll have to stay overnight. I just know I will be home with him all week. (and I can work on the yard sale thingy)

This post is going to be long. The project I am currently working on at home is switching out my ugly kitchen hardware. Not to offend, but they were the ugliest shade of shiny you've ever seen. I decided if HGTV decorators can spray paint metal hardware, I can too! The worst that'll (another unrecognized word) happen is I'll have to buy new. I roughed 'em up, sprayed primer on 'em, and sprayed my first coat of metallic bronze spray paint on 'em! I know that sounds a little over the top, but the color really is pretty cool. And spray paint rocks! I hope they look as good in the kitchen as they do in the garage. And even with my terribly busy schedule, I managed to get all that done between yesterday afternoon and this morning! I told Keith if he'd help me unscrew all the hardware, I'd promise to have them all done by Mother's Day. I like to start a project and finish it months later. (just ask me about my Christmas Tree...on second thought, DON"T!!) At this rate, I will have the second coat on tonight and have them ready for hanging tomorrow after work. Impressive. Really.

2 comments:

jennie said...

girl, you put me to shame...do you sleep?
Please post pics of some completed projects. maybe you would inspire me to actually finish something!

jennie said...

OH yeah, and good luck with your little guy...kinda scary, but hopefully the results will be life altering for him (and you guys too!)I'll be thinking of him.
And one more thing...are you getting rid of any little boys clothes in sizes 2 or 3T in your yard sale? I may be interested:)