It makes me a tinsy bit sad that I am not the one to give my boys a sister. I always thought I'd have a girl because I am so girly and it just made perfect sense. I think it is also because my mom cursed me with the words, "I hope you have a daughter who acts just like you!" God was looking out for me, and quite possibly my daughter, by giving me three sons. There is nothing like being a mom to boys. These young men are so impressionable and I do my best (well...) every day to set a good example for them. I love teaching them things that I, as a girl, think they should know. I'm not talking about manners or macho-ness, but the other important things, like how to treat girls...always respecting them, not using "bathroom" talk around them, always telling them they are pretty, always letting them go first, (we have a long way to go on this one) as well as things like dressing nice to impress the ladies and good hygiene. I know that last one sounds a little funny, but please understand. Andrew likes to look good. Caleb does not.
Me:(as I'm doing Caleb's hair) I think you are the only 10 year old who's mother is still doing his hair. Maybe you should start doing it yourself. ( Idefinitely cringe at that thought)
Caleb: I just won't do it.
Me: What do you mean you just won't do it?
Caleb: I don't care what it looks like.
Me: Did you happen to look in the mirror as you said that???
This is Caleb on a regular basis. I told him he'd only ever get a second date with a girl if he doesn't take her to dinner on the first date!! Apparently I am still working on this one too!!
2 comments:
Good for you Jodi to teach your boys to respect and appreciate girls/woman!! Their future girlfriends/wifes will thank you! I think if we "train" these boys the world could be a happier place-HaHa! Love your blog!! Chris
I so did not know she was pregnant until a couple weeks ago, that's great that they are having a little girl, It's great how you can see how you were so blessed with three beautiful boy's, in my opinion boy's are way more easier and alot less drama. You are doing a great job with your boy's, they are always so polite.
Post a Comment