No, I do not send out an intro to my newly aquired age every year, but I figure what the heck today. I am 30 something for the 4th time and it's all dandy with me. If my birthday had been yesterday, my tune would not be happy and jolly. First, I got stuck in my yard, no, not my driveway-my yard, which made the boys late for school. Keith took them and headed to court so I was without a vehicle. I had a meeting at the school at 9am that I cancelled. I called a tow truck, but Jimmy showed up before the truck did. He wanted me to put the van in reverse and he'd take care of the rest. Well...I couldn't find the keys and was about to crawl out the passenger side door to look in the house-yes, I had the door open to get out because no, I couldn't get out on my side-when my van started moving!! Jimmy was pulling me without the vehicle on!! Oh well.?Anywho...I made it to my meeting, but had to leave early for Kyle's hair appointment.
Hmmm. He threw a fit in the hallway of the school. I was getting really warm. You know that feeling. I picked him up, or should I say I attempted to, but since that didn't work, I hoisted him up under his arms without actually holding onto him since I had his backpack in one hand and my coffee in the other. As I crossed the office window, he flailed and I almost dropped everything. Oh yeah, and the two office ladies and a teacher saw it all happen. One of them knows my parental history. Okay, so I've forgotten to pick the boys up a few random times from school. That is another story. We chatted briefly while I was deciding which one to leave at school. Kyle. No, the coffee. No, not the coffee. In the end, you'll all be happy to know I didn't need to sacrifice either one!
Boy, this is longer than I anticipated. Apparently I have a few issues I need to deal with. We headed to N.M. for Kyle's h/c. What a treat. He screamed. The whole way. We ran into a road block, literally, and had to turn around. No close crossroads. 'Had to back track BIG time. You all know how I feel about back trackin'. Oh, BTW, literally refers to the road block. It does not refer to running into the road block. I drove 70 once we got to the highway (stupid, but no accident) and made it to Clippers 10 minutes late.
What was this all about anyway? Are you asking yourself the same question? Oh yeah. This is why I am sooo glad my birthday is today. I am doing a little dance in my chair to"Celebration" by Kool and the Gang instead of "Metal Health" by Quiet Riot...Bang Your Head!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Jodi - I'm glad you are having a good day! I laughed like crazy at your day-I'm not laughing at you but with you!! Probably because I can relate!! Well, you are loved and you are a special friend to me- don't you forget that!!! Chris
Glad to hear others have 'those' days too! 10 mins. late, that's nothing....I'm always at least 15-20 mins. late and I have NOTHING to blame besides ME!!!!!!
Post a Comment