Some may argue I have too much time on my hands. If that were true, this post would not exist! {but, yes, I may find time to pin or blog a little here and there.}
I need to paint my front door. A couple years ago I decided to either buy new doors, paint them or paint them and then buy new doors. Paint was a small price to pay to find a way to live with the ugliness. I saved money for a set of double doors but wasn't sold on parting with the money so I painted mine instead and that was that.
Looking for a way to spruce up the front, I've decided to paint again. besides, my wreath magnet tood a dive last winter and, in the process, took some black paint with it. Bummer. I am contemplating a fun, bright color. I wonder how I will feel about it once winter hits? Hopefully fun and bright.
My new color obsessions are yellow and aqua. And turquoise. And teal. All could be fun choices for my door but am finding a lot of great choices look awesome with grey...not with tan so much.
I think my seester should paint her door yellow. It would look fab and I could get over it already. Besides, I have added a little yellow into my living room {questionable} and plan to use it as an accent in my laundry room...with grey no less. Ha, done. I have talked myself right out of a yellow door. And to think people think blogging is a waste of time! Anyway, I could always paint the inside of the door yellow if I so desire. Ugh...never mind...it would look disgusting next to my Nantucket grey walls!! {NOT to be confused with actual grey...this is really a green grey...ew}
Okay so orange crossed my mind for a second. Then I remembered the lamp debacle with the orange against black looking like Halloween...or, as Keith pointed out, the colors of the Heights.{no dis on the Heights} Now I realize the right color orange may look really fun. The right color. Not sure I want to put in that kind of time on an iffy choice.
On to blue. I didn't know this would be so hard. I've never been a fan of blue. However, in the past year, I have made a shift. It must be my old age. I have a robin's eggish color in my hall bath and my kitchen is definitely aqua. And let's not forget about my new navy blue obsession. Do I want another blue on the door? Why not? The question is...which blue??
Loving the peacock...
And turquoise...
And aqua....{not the color in my kitchen}
And more turquoise...
And maybe a little more aquaish...
All of a sudden this is too blue...
And this pesky little yellow just sneaks back in...against grey, of course...
And this pale aqua...{more like my kitchen}...
Or maybe red?? It's a contender, but not in the forefront...I had a red door once...don't really want to repeat it...Then besides choosing a color, which in itself is no small feat, I have to figure out what I want to do with the door and side lights. When I painted them black, I painted them all black. And by all black, I mean all of it...the door, the side lights, the trim...I thought it looked like a huge door. Or doors. {the look I was going for} Never did I realize I'm not supposed to paint the trim...til I went looking...
Crud. So many more options...paint the door. Paint the door and sides. Paint around the panels. It's enough to drive you crazy if you let it...{watched 9 to 5 the other night}
I found inspiration other than on the doors themselves. Again, too many choices. I find that I'm drawn to the darker hues and the blue green hues more than the lighter, more blue hues. There are still too, too many. And besides, I need to look at the colors against the ever dull beige or tan since that is my siding and I am not changing it. {another reason to nix the yellow...not striking together}
I am drowning in my own pool of doubt {I think I just made that up...if you've heard it before, don't tell me} I need a good slap in the head or an epiphany or for it to come to me in my dreams. Whatever the case, I need to get on this. I would like to do it while I'm off for a couple days {coming up} so I can actually take the door off its hinges and paint it better than I would upright. How fast can you say PAINT STORE?!
























No comments:
Post a Comment