3.14.2012

This, That And The Other...

Did you know that some Feng Shui masters say that clogged drains deplete finances, health, aspirations, travel, clog sinuses, and simply, wreak havoc in general?  Ha, I think it's time to clean my drains!

The last time I attempted to blog was February 23rd.  I saved it as a draft to finish it at home during the weekend.  Hmph.  Looks like I have more to work on than just the obvious.

For a brief moment the other day I considered a hiatus...like a real hiatus...from blogging but decided that was too drastic.  I want to blog.  I just feel too overwhelmed some days so even though I get the chance, I am too brain dead to sort my thoughts.

I think in order to make any sense of anything at all, I will not look back and instead only start with today.  Lots has happened and plenty is share worthy but to keep my sanity I will only share what I already saved from the draft last month.

Andrew went to camp last weekend.  Or maybe it was almost two weeks ago.  He came back home a new man.  He kind of moped around the rest of the weekend and for the next couple days, citing his new love for all things camp and Mr. Love and how it was his best time ever and how he missed it all so much.  He's been reading the Proverbs each night before bed.  It's lovely. Last fall he joined Men of Honor through the school at our church.  Although the definition of the club doesn't necessarily fit Andrew, I knew it was going to be a perfect fit for him from the beginning.  I was pleased I didn't have to talk him into joining.

Mission Statement

Men of Honor exists to make passionate followers of Jesus Christ by training & camp; mentoring youth, most of which are at-risk and fatherless youth ages 11-17 in principles of Chivalry, Honor, Moral Excellence and Courageous Leadership utilizing a three pronged strategy of life changing camps, conferences, and weekly curriculum based meetings.


Axioms {the first time I walked in and heard Andrew leading the axioms I was tickled pink...and very proud...he says the first line with gusto and confidence and the remaining "men" follow with the second line}

I am a winner...

I am a man of honor;


I do the right thing...
Because it's the right thing to do;


My word...
Is my bond;


C.H.I.P.
Character, Honesty, Integrity, Perseverance;


If there is no man...
I will be the man;


Manhood and Christ-likeness
Are synonymous;


Being a male is a matter of birth...
Being a man is a matter of choice;


There is no greatness outside of God...
1, 2, 3... YES!

I love that he is enjoying himself and that he feels like he belongs to something special.  Mr. Love is an amazing mentor...lucky us.

Coach Aardema asked if Kyle could skip a night of Awana to attend senior night at the varsity ball game because the team wanted to award him with something.  Kyle has been the water boy for the team all season and has been in heaven every game.  He loves all the boys on the team and they are all so gracious toward him.  My little doll is never at a loss for words but the night his name was called to come out with the seniors, in front of the crowd, he was blown away.  He was awarded a team tee and a signed basketball from the team.  No words could ever explain the pure joy that radiated from his little heart that night.  We are so blessed to be part of such a wonderful community of family, friends and school.


I found this awhile back in my weekly church bulletin.  Had I seen it during the service I would have placed it in the offering plate.  Some days I get to sit back and smile knowing I am doing a good job raising my children.☺
A few weeks ago our wrestling team headed to state finals in Battle Creek.  They were escorted by police and fire personnel and were greeted by many street-lined fans and supporters downtown.  Kyle made a sign for the occasion.

I RECEIVED MY BIRTHDAY RINGS!  I was a little bummed {for a minute} that their size was a bit more slim than I expected but one mention of the thought and my seester whipped out a gift for me from her purse from Vegas.  A little bulk isn't always appreciated but in this case it works fabulously...
I also received another treasure from the little TenBrinkmans.  My sweet Isaac always knows exactly what Aunt Jodi will love.
During the Crop last month, a few players, as well as coach, were schooled in Cricut design.  That machine is the bomb.  I have the old school model {smaller} and it is a handy instrument.  I think expression is to die for.  I wonder if the boys felt the same way??
And just when you thought this post couldn't be any more off target, I am sharing a poem.  I may have posted this before, but then again maybe not.  The thoughts don't leave the head plenty of times.  Either way, an anonymous middle school student {who happens to live in my house} wrote this and it is framed and residing in the CSB board room.  It's always fun to be in there and catch a glimpse of this and reflect on my eldest and how proud he is of his school and the community he lives in.
“I certainly don't regret my experiences because without them, I couldn't imagine who or where I would be today. Life is an amazing gift to those who have overcome great obstacles, and attitude is everything!”~ Sasha Azevedo

I'm getting to a point in my life where I am actually starting to believe this and live this way.  I one hundred percent believe in this but for some reason I always seem to think I'm exempt from fitting in this truth.  I need to learn to let go of the past and allow myself to be the person I am supposed to be.

No comments: