12.07.2011

Ho...Ho...Holy Cow...!

I remember the day I took these Christmas card pictures at Stibitz' Tree Farm.  That small child of mine was in one of his stellar moods and I was at my wit's end and thought I would never, ever get a decent picture for my card.  It's funny how, after three years, I would totally use this picture now.  It cracks me right up.

Yulefest is this weekend at church.  Basically it's a talent show for anyone who wants to participate.  Andrew really considered it, but changed his mind the other day because he doesn't have any idea what to sing.  I gave him a few ideas but he didn't bite.  I'm bummed.  Maybe next year.

Last weekend we visited the Nuveen Center in town where Kyle's artwork was on display.  What a fun little honor. There was a reception with snacks and punch and everyone was able to look at all the submissions from the White Lake area.  Kyle loved that his work was on display for all to see.

In church last Sunday, our pastor challenged us to use some of our Christmas money for the greater good.  The amount we choose is up to us, but it needs to be used to help someone else.  A family.  A person.  An organization or charity.  That day, in the paper, the Humane Society had their wish list printed.  I'm not an animal lover but I cut the list out.  I figure it's out of my comfort zone and therefore a great idea!  I am so blessed with so much.  Sometimes I need a swift kick in the pants to remind me of that when I think I have it so bad.  I love that this time of the year reminds me consistently but am also saddened that it takes Christmas coming around to figure it all out.

We are finally going to be involved in the Giving Tree deliveries this year.  We donate every year but haven't had the chance to step it up a notch.  This is that year.  Our whole family will be able to deliver food and gifts to families less fortunate than us.  I cannot tell you how excited I am for this.  I am a bit nervous about the whole experience but eager at the same time.  I'm not doing anything amazing.  People everywhere do this kind of thing daily.  I feel blessed and privileged to be a part of a giving community.  I'm taking one small step toward something much bigger than me.  Or my family.  I cannot wait to share the experience with K and my boys. {and bless us every one}

I received a message from a high school classmate today.  He was a friend of mine, as well as the class president.  Basically he conned me into helping plan our twentieth year class reunion.  I must have sucker not only written across my forehead, but maybe also on some sort of satellite hovering over me because he knew he'd reel me in all the way from...wherever he is now! ☺ Mid Summer...a weekend gig...adult dinner and drinks...dancing...family bbq...water skiing...lodging....no big thang, right? {I am now officially labeled insane!!!!!!}

Part of my insanity stems from taking on competitive cheer while offering to totally put together a fundraiser for the basketball team, and then organizing a middle school Christmas breakfast and luncheon before typing, "WOOT! A party?  Totally in!!" on the request for my help.  What was I thinking?  What am I ever thinking?  Aha!  I just figured it out...I am never thinking when I commit to Every. Single. Thing. I am asked to do.  Glad that's been cleared up.  Now I suppose I better say yes to the jeans party at SS's home tonight after the game.  Yeah, a jeans party!  Kristin is gonna be so jealous she's out of town for this!

No comments: