12.16.2011

Are We There Yet...?

We had a busy weekend last weekend.  It was the only one until Christmas with all my dolls.

Friday we hit the rival ball game.  Wasn't feeling particularly well so kept things low key.  Caleb went to a friend's and Andrew got sick.  Stopped for some cough drops, 7 Up and saltines and headed home for bed.

Saturday we did an amazing thing.  We volunteered to deliver gifts and food to local residents for the Giving Tree.  The boys were right in the mix, grabbing boxes and hauling them to the car and then ringing doorbells, bringing gifts inside and wishing everyone a very merry Christmas.  We listened to carols all the while and were only sidetracked once when K and I got into it regarding addresses and whether the ones we were looking for were on the north or south side of the road. {darn cops ☺}  I could have done it all day but we had a soccer game to attend.

Andrew was delivered to the Bolles' so the kids could design their annual Christmas card for the staff luncheon.  I've got to tell you...I know the most amazing people.  I didn't do much...just organize lunch for our amazing middle staff.  The friends I have, however, said YES to me when I asked for their help.  That makes them awesome and deserving of a huge shout out!  Thanks, friends!!!





After the soccer game we took a few random pics {trying for a Christmas card photo} and then bundled up for some holiday fun. We hit Holiday Road, this amazing neighborhood of homes all decked out in lights and synchronized to music. Off the highway we were at the one hour forty five minute wait mark but we already had plans {and cocoa}to take in the show by foot. We drove five minutes to the church situated right next to the neighborhood and ventured out.  The show was awesome!  It was easy to tell which house the mastermind lived in.  Pictures simply do NOT do the show justice.  If you've never been...go!  If you have...do it again!!!







We headed home, not too bad off cold wise, and settled in with a Christmas movie.

Sunday, after church, I put together invitations for the luncheon and then we spent the entire afternoon baking goodies.  After it was all said and done, I asked K to please remind me next year that I plan to never bake again for Christmas.  I never enjoy it the way I intend to, sadly, and the boys always lose interest half way in.  While the fun lasted, however, it was good.











Done!  Tired!  Ready for bed!

No comments: