It's clear that school has started. Pictures of kids with backpacks are pasted all over Facebook. We no longer take pics at school, not of the bigs anyway. As always, I compare the new ones to the year before to see the changes. I am always amazed there are so many of them. Seeing kids day to day you really don't notice every little change. I totally get a kick out of it.
Andrew is getting tall. His meds are working well for him and he is less than four inches short of five feet...finally! He's thrilled. He is often very blunt {although he thinks he's hinting} about wanting contacts. He is overdue for an eye exam and I'm sure his lenses need to be updated so it would be a great time to explore options but geesh! I'm certainly no money tree and I haven't seen any around so right now we're just kind of winging it!!! Seventh grade. Where does the time go? I find myself asking this more and more.
Caleb blows me away with his changes. I don't notice them often at all. I had to be hit in the head to hear the difference in his voice. I look at pictures from just a year ago and see soft round cheeks...I didn't ever think he had a full face but this puberty thing has put a lot in perspective. WOW! He has always been a little man. Now, it seems, he is turning into an actual man. Good Lord...I'm too young to be this boy's mother! ☺ Yesterday was the first day of eighth grade and all I can think about is next year he will be a freshman!
Yesterday was the third time the boys have been to school since registration {including registration} and yesterday they received their third set of schedules. It has been a crazy ride for everyone and I wouldn't trade jobs with the office staff for anything in the world. It has been such chaos but I have no complaints because the craziness is due, in large part, to rehiring and that is super fabulous news!!! Andrew stressed the most but I told them both not to worry because they won't miss out on school and every other kid is in the same boat. Instead of a traditional first day, yesterday was spent team building with other kids in the school. Very cool. Just like all the other changes happening in the district. Very cool. The only uncool thing about yesterday is I had to wait until after football practice to find out about Caleb's day. At six in the evening it's a little too late to find out he didn't go to his Geometry class sixth hour. At the high school. Transported by a bus. Without the teacher knowing. Why? Because nobody told him to. that's right...because nobody told him to! I got all that cleared up this morning, thank God. Now the only thing I'm waiting on is whether or not Caleb was able to switch out of Art and into any other elective! That poor kid would never ever choose to be in Art and I don't want his GPA affected because of it. There's just really no talent there. Sad but true.
Ah, a first for me. This may come as a surprise, but I like control. I know...a shocker. So I may have mentioned {or maybe not} that the bus stop locations changed this year and needless to say, our kindergarten route is now a p.m. route. This is horrible news. However, with my big girl pants pulled up high, I am learning slowly to deal. Gone are the days of me walking my kindergartner to class, checking to make sure he is clean and cute, making sure he gets in the right door and not stolen while walking alone to the back of the school to find his brand new classroom where all the doors look identical...yes, I'm having a mini meltdown! Yesterday I took him to the meet n' greet at school but today, for his first full {half} day of kindergarten, he was on his own. A total big kid. And, get this, he's also riding the big kid bus back to daycare. Unheard of in this household! I think Caleb was in third grade before he rode the big kid bus. I keep trying daycare to make sure Kyle calls me as soon as he gets back but the dang line is busy. I've totally grown today. And not because I wanted to. And I don't really like it.
{yes, I paid for these shoes with no strings...does that make me cool...or just a fool?}
Today the junior high has their first football game of the season. Technically it's labeled a scrimmage but they are playing another team regardless. The old junior varsity jerseys were passed down this year. It just ain't right...and I'm still too young to be this boy's mother!
Ran into a few more snags in the house over the weekend. Missed a bonfire with friends because of it. Still so far from the end result. Need most of it done by Sunday.
- game and church tonight
- junior varsity game Thursday
- varsity game Friday
Saturday it is. No problem, right? Guess who's gonna be busy this weekend?!







No comments:
Post a Comment