8.24.2011

On A Roll...

'You know how one teeny tiny little thing can sometimes turn into one ginormous thing without so much as a blink of an eye?  Yeah, well I know.  It happened to me Friday.

I've been on a mission to get my kitchen renovated.  I shared on here my vision of rearranging my peninsula and getting new counter tops and a back splash, plus regrouting the floor tiles, painting, etc.  Well my nine hundred dollars doesn't buy all of that and I really want to do something so I bit the bullet and picked up some supplies Thursday night.  As of then, I was only going to do one project.  For the meantime.  We spent the afternoon at the pool Friday and heading home I could not wait to get started.  Once I finished project number one, I was giddy to keep on truckin'.  Love.♥  Saturday morning I beat the others up {out  of bed} and headed out the door with a list in hand.  I like being on a mission.  I actually get stuff done.  I checked everything off my list and was heading home in the middle of the big thunderstorm when I figured it would be a great day to snack on junk and watch movies with my kids all day.  I carried in all my purchases and the sun came out.  Go figure.  I made lunch and jumped into project number two.  And three, four and five.  It lasted hours.  And hours.  And hours.  Exhausted, I put everything  away and took the boys for ice cream.  Before dinner.  I'm cool like that.  Then I collapsed on the couch with my favorite guys, sans one, and spent the remainder of the night right there.  More to follow on this story.  It's not to the end yet, but will be by week's end.  Here's some sneak peek befores, as well as a few of my purchases...

How it all started...apparently I need a new flash...or a new camera! ☺
 Very industrialish/schoolish, yes?
 Mmm...spray paint!
 Don't ya just wonder??
 More on this later but what a steal at five bucks!
 I walked into target to pick up an SD card for my new camera.  That is it!  The cart lady even asked me if I needed a cart.  I told her that I didn't and it would probably be my first and last time saying that!  Luckily, I found this cute gray mesh trash can in the dollar spot for my laundry room and it was plenty big enough to carry all my small purchases I ended up finding...
 The stools {three} are already mine.  This is just the BEFORE...
There is so much more to this...cannot wait to share.  AND I finally found the right hook for my bathroom mirror.  I mean, really...

My hubs was away playing all weekend.  He was invited to hang out with the Bakers on their boat Friday night {me too but I was into project number one  at the time} and he was invited to the Tigers game with some of the football coaches on Saturday.  I thought he was coming home late that night but found out that they all had a place to stay in Ann Arbor {which was a great thing} so when he didn't make it home for a family picnic Sunday, Kyle grounded him.  His punishment was to finish project number two.  When I arrived home, he was actually working on it. {and I think he will finish it today because he took flex time from work to make it to pre-game practice this morning...i love how this keeps working in my favor!}

{fuzzy phone pic sent to me from NA.  I told him next time to send me something I don't normally see.  He said he cut off Keith's other arm holding another beer.  And I repeated myself. ☺  glad ya'll had a blast, dear.♥}

No comments: