My dear hubby had a birthday last weekend. I pulled off a surprise party for him because it's the very least he deserves. He said later that he had a suspicion that day because Kevin kept texting someone and he thought it was me. However, I never texted Kevin once. I knew he had things under control. Keith said what totally saved me was that I was never stressed once the week prior and so he never would have figured I was planning something. Lucky me!
The plan was for Keith to golf during the day and show up with Kevin afterward, meeting Chris at our home for a cookout. I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday. He typically works Summer Cel but I told him I thought we should do something. I offered up a cookout at Jo's or one at our house or just to go out and do something. I needed a reason for things to get done around the house so I was thrilled when he suggested we have a few friends over. Totally unlike me, there was no stress all week. Well maybe a little on Friday but I hid it well. I hid food in the outside freezer, supplies in totes under toys in the garage and I picked up tables with the truck right after Keith left for golfing. He thought I was going antiquing so he took the van. Of course you know that if not for bad luck, I would have no luck at all so it won't be surprising that my keys got locked in my car for over an hour and a half {not my doing this time} while running errands Saturday morning. Happy me I has the bestest friends in all the world and Sara, Corinna, Jo and Chris showed up to whip my party place into shape in record time! My FIL even asked later that evening how I pulled off cleaning the garage without Keith being suspicious. Girlfriends! I also had lots of help from my friends Kris, Kirsten, Jene, Kristi and my seester with food and set-up. Never mind my earlier comment...I have the best luck ever!!! The best part is Keith had an absolutely amazing birthday and he said it best when he said something like, "Because of my lovely wife I married into the greatest of friends!" Aww...♥ But very true. I heart them all.
40 ouncers for the 40th...
Catholic buddies...
Friendly neighbors...
Chicago friends....
Fun gifts...
A little love from over the bridge...{not quite sure about the folded hats...maybe refer to exhibit A...the first pic}
The keg emptied by two a.m. and the party winded down from there. By three we were chatting in the house about the festivities and by seven thirty we were getting back up for church.
We spent the fourth at my parents' house as we do every year. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time.
Later we headed downtown with the TenBrinkmans for dinner and fireworks. It was just Kyle and I. The bigs were with their dad and Keith worked him some triple OT! Pizza, breadsticks, elephant toes, sno-cones, sparklers and multiple trips to the potty at Northland were all on the agenda. A malfunction caused a delay in the show so everyone was super tired afterward but still spent fun times with the fam.
No comments:
Post a Comment