Did my kids graduate yet? I cannot get over how quickly a week can fly by!
Last week I only worked two days thanks to the Fourth of July holiday and AYBT and camping. We always play a combination of Friday and Saturday games every year in Ludington so I booked a campsite accordingly. This year I found out late that because of dead week in the schools, the tournament days were Saturday and Sunday. It put a little wrench in the plans. The camp people wouldn't let me have my deposit back so I still camped Thursday night. It worked out well in the end because we had all day Friday to play. We headed to Silver Lake and spent the afternoon with the Buchberger clan. We had beautiful weather and didn't want to leave the pool!
Once back at camp we spent the rest of the weekend playing ball and playing everything else. We had a great schedule which afforded us Saturday afternoon off as well. More sun. I took Andrew back to Silver Lake to spend the night with other friends. We grilled out, made meals over the campfires, treated ourselves to ice cream, broke some camping laws and had a very good time. The one lonely picture I took doesn't do the weekend justice. We'll have to recall our memories in our brains for this trip. {always centers around food}
Okay so I just want to take a moment and say that Caleb R.O.C.K.E.D. this weekend! He definitely brought his A game to the courts. I was especially proud, and over-tired, Sunday morning while the boys played their first game of the morning. Every time I clapped, cheered or smiled at something one of them did, I started to tear up automatically. I could feel my face wrenching up and had to stop smiling I don't know how many times. Camper sleeping sucks! Anyway, Caleb had the most amazing game of his life Sunday morning. He scored ten points and was on fire!!!! 3 points...BAM! He was pumped beyond all belief! I love that boy...mmm! The best possible compliment came from Coach Annese when he said, "Great game! Caleb played out of his mind!!!" Coming from Tony...that's HUGE. He DID play out of his mind. Good day. Keith left in the morning and missed that game because he had a football meeting back home and couldn't get ahold of anyone to verify it was still on. It worked good for us because with the schedule change, we needed our camper out by noon and that's when the last game started. The total bummer was that during the second game, Keith found out the meeting was cancelled so he dropped our camper off after travelling 55 miles and headed back to Ludington to catch only the last 15 minutes of the third game! It maybe wasn't his best idea ever, but at the same time it was!!! I love that man so very much because he would do anything for my babies. ♥
Another fun AYBT season has come to a close. Don't know about another year. This may be our last with Caleb going into high school next year. I guess we'll have to just wait it out and see...
No comments:
Post a Comment