Ahhh...Memorial Weekend camping. I love this time of year. It means warm weather is coming and lots of fun will be planned. Our camping weekend was anything but warm! It was so bloody cold up north. Kevin coached back here and mentioned a fifteen degree difference between here and there. Brrrr. We stayed mainly wrapped up in blankets, along with wearing jeans and hoodies all weekend. The crazy kids wanted to swim all weekend, but mainly stayed in the hot tub til Monday...the day we were leaving was absolutely beautiful!! Figures.
{Kyle, Bob and Aidan}
{the gang...sans girls}
Last week Kyle's class took one last field trip to Rainbow Ranch. Kyle thought he'd get to ride a pony. He wasn't too keen on a full size horse. For a minute. Soon enough, I turned to hear, "Giddyup, Horsey!"
He is so stinkin' cute, right? He's all T.R.O.U.B.L.E.
After the trip, I picked up Ash from school. Her and Kyle ate lunch then decorated bags for Kristin. It was her anniversary. Ash had a planted flower to put inside. Good timing, Mrs. Johnson. Not wanting to be left out, Kyle ran to his room and found a necklace he made at school to put in his bag. 'How you likin' the necklace, Auntie Kristin??
Kristin picked up the kids from me and I headed out for some major retail therapy. Much needed, indeed! It has been so long since I've been to the mall that I didn't even realize Verizon moved out. When did that happen? Since I was there, I decided to help stimulate the economy. Mighty white of me, eh? First I returned a pair of workout pants for new kicks. My main squeeze has a new style and just came in...in my size! I was looking for walking shoes because I thought I was getting shin splints from my running shoes. After sizing up the competition, I bit the bullet and snatched up the beauties I've been checkin' out. I was planning to exchange the pants, but the return was worth it to get me some brand new Asics...not last year's model like normal, but the new kids on the block. WOOT!!! And they look good on my feet. ☺
I also returned at AE and exchanged items for my Caleb. Ha...I picked him a striped v-neck that he was really excited about...until he wore it to school the same day AE posted Justin Bieber wearing it on Facebook. Total devastation! Super cool in their bold stripe tees. {Caleb looked much more adorable...and not so blurry}
Hmm...what else...I know I came home with major loot. I had some gift cards to spend so the day wasn't totally killer for my wallet. I knew I had to get home because the TenBrinkmans were coming over for the night and they were waiting for me to fill water balloons!! Okay, so Pat, Jen and Keith filled some for me years ago for Caleb's tenth birthday so I guess I didn't realize what was involved. I even bought a water balloon pump but that was all hype. A half hour later, I had twelve balloons filled?? Whatever. The boys decided not to have the fight that night because there was a fox in the woods and they didn't want to be eaten by it! Allison didn't care about the fox. She wanted to throw some balloons. Keith decided to throw caution to the wind and sit out in the mosquito infested yard and fill balloons with the hose. Those beasts are fierce! Anyway, we filled up a tub and let the kids loose. I think it took three point two minutes to finish the fight.
Vicious kids...they wasted NO time. They didn't even wait to get some space between 'em.
Actually, I think Allison got it the worst. She was soaked. She didn't have a dry stitch of clothing on in the end. Kyle was dry. He felt he was shafted so I sprayed him with the hose. Happy kid. Easy.
Happy last week of school!! The kids have been so excited! We're totally busy wrapping everything up and instead of a big break for summer, we're diving right in to the busiest week of the year. I have the bigs extra time because their dad is out of town so I'm do double duty. Here's one day in their summer life...
Monday June 13th:
{I work 9-5}
11-1... Andrew's tennis
1-2:30...Caleb's {and Kyle's} football camp
3-5...Andrew's play rehearsal
4:30-5:30...Caleb's agility camp
5-6...Andrew's play rehearsal {broken down because of two different parts}
6-??...Caleb's small group get together for summer youth group
6-7...Kyle's t-ball
6:30-8:30...Andrew's play rehearsal
Hahahahahahaha...isn't this killer?! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? I can only laugh about it. The whole week looks that way because of the culmination of the play at the end of the week. My kids have a life. I'm just along for the ride. And what a ride it is...giddyup!








No comments:
Post a Comment