6.16.2011

Slight Break In The Action...

It's hard to believe a week has already passed.  I haven't had a single second to process this past week and it's already almost over.

T-BALL:  We are nearing the end of the baseball season.  We have two more Saturday morning games and one Tuesday evening games.  I think it's so the kids can play an evening game like the big boys! {and girls}  Kyle is doing exceptional.  He is so talented.  I'm not that mom but I truly believe Kyle's got something special going on at this age.  He may grow out of it, but fingers crossed he never does.  Nevertheless, he's so fun to watch in all he does.  Who knew that even t-ball would be fun to watch?!


{um, yes...he tends to yell at teammates to tell them what to do...awkward!}



{a horrible example of Kyle's slides...he's ridiculously dramatic each and every time but he looks pretty sweet doing it typically}


SUMMER THEATRE: It's here...the end of the line.  Okay, I guess that sounds bad instead of good, but it really is good.  This morning marked the last rehearsal for Willy Wonka Jr.  All the kids have worked so hard to get to this point.  I went against my typical and watched a small portion of the rehearsal last night.  I love the anticipation and like to be totally surprised but whatever.  It was a pretty small part.  Last night was full dress rehearsal including makeup.  I picked up dinner for Andrew and we hung out at the office until it was time to prep.  The play is running three nights here at our old city theater.  Glad caring people have saved it.  Hope the kids have more opportunities to perform in the building.  It brings back plenty of memories from my childhood.  I can remember performing in two plays there, as well as numerous talent shows, dance recitals and choir concerts.


SPECIAL STUFF: Last weekend the gals and kids got together to show our love for a special friend.  The kids all enjoyed helping out and it didn't hurt that rough housing was the reward.  I asked the boys if they felt good about doing something nice for another.  I am always stressing volunteerism and charitable deeds and just doing nice for others.  I always hope my words are understood. I asked, Kyle, doesn't it feel good to do something for someone for no other reason than because you care about them?"  He replied, "Yes.  And it also feels good to get to play."  I rephrased my question, but when I received the same response I knew it was over.  It was funny though, that he couldn't quite grasp that it wasn't a birthday gift.  He kept saying, "I don't understand.  It's not her birthday?  Then why did we do this?"  I guess I'm happy he'd at least do a good deed as a gift.


{oops...the above picture is from our annual Last Day Of School siesta.  Bernie O's, mini golf and ice cream...totally a kid's treat day!!  Kyle even got a hole-in-one on his last hole and won a free round for the next time!  He, of course, couldn't wait for the next time so he talked his daddy into taking him back...the same night!!}





Our reward came later in the evening when we had what we thought was gonna be a girls night barbeque.  We had a couple surprise guests, but isn't that what makes a good night great?  The unexpected?  The unexplained?  We still ended up with plenty of great food and great drinks and great company.




Play tonight.  Tennis tomorrow morning.  Happy hour tomorrow afternoon.  Possibly a bonfire tomorrow night.  T-ball and an open house Saturday.  Church and Father's Day visiting Sunday.  I'm going to enjoy the slow paced weekend before craziness strikes again Monday morning.





No comments: