Hello, my squeezies!!! {I think I totally hijacked that from somewhere...} I am having a super exciting day!!
Last night, with hours to spare before midnight, I hit my goal of Forty Bags in Forty Days!! I did it. Yay me. I actually made it to forty one. WOOT! I've been marking them off as I go, but of course I would still have counted them nonetheless. Anal. I forgot to grab the list for the breakdown. I know nobody really cares, but since this is my blog, I'll pretend you do. ☺ I make my first trip to GW Boutique today to drop off the goods. The bags filled the entire rolling thingy, and there were too many bags to stack too high so I stacked the extras on the ground. It felt great. Unfortunately, looking around last night, I couldn't really see a difference. Too much of a good thing really isn't a good thing, eh? I'm totally freakin' stoked to get back at it. happy dance...happy claps...
I cannot believe I totally forgot about Caleb going to a "mixed gender" party last weekend. {hehe} I wasn't nervous about it. I don't get stressed over that stuff. My stress was over Caleb representing his family and his school. Backing up, he has a girl friend who goes to North Muskegon. {not to be confused with girlfriend} They text all the time and chat when they are around each other. She is a neighbor of people I know and trust she comes from a good family. {they are thought highly of by said people} She wanted to invite Caleb to her birthday and I was thinking I might be okay with it. But then she didn't. {she picked herself up a boyfriend} Kind of last minute, he was invited anyway, being told she didn't invite him originally because she didn't think he'd come or be able to come. Anyway, I had him lined up as my sitter and didn't have anyone else but I really wanted him to be able to go. Not because I was trying to marry him off or anything like that. I like to sit back and observe how he interacts with girls. I want to know that he's being influenced in a positive way and that he can handle the situation. I allowed him to go with a group of other boys. He was pretty excited. I didn't meet the mom and regretted that but made sure the mom knew the boys were coming. I also rehearsed Caleb in the whole introduction bit and reminded him to thank the mom for allowing the boys to be invited. {he's a reflection, remember?} Blah, blah, blah. Anyway, Caleb had a great time. There ended up being a few other North Muskegon girls at the party, but the rest of the guests were girls and boys from Whitehall. I thought this was hilarious!! He texted me that it was awkward at first. I asked him if it was because of the North Muskegon boys. That's when he told me there weren't any there. Too funny. I had offered Caleb a mixed party for his thirteenth but he turned it down. Andrew got wind of it the other night and asked if he could have one. I told him for sure. He wouldn't drop it. He was in full planning mode. I reminded him that his twelfth birthday is still around the corner so he has plenty of time to plan...I love my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment