3.09.2011

My Stuff...

I cannot remember the last time I updated here. {and didn't check my last post}  We've been smack dab in the middle of a bunch of stuff and I just need a breather.

The short of the long is that we had our propane tank filled yesterday.  The problem being that we weren't scheduled to do so until November...of eleven!  We needed the fill because we were empty.  Totally stinkin' {pun intended} empty.  The biggest problem of all is that we have a wood boiler and do not use propane for anything all winter except to keep the gas hot water heater's pilot lit.  The guy who wired our thermostats gave bad information and we've been heating with both propane and wood so far this winter!  Lovely.  I truly wanted to spend cash to have our heating and cooling guy come over last Friday evening.  After Ten thirty p.m!!  We like to play wealthy on television.  It's only fitting that we act it all out.  The last time I purchased three hundred gallons of propane it did not cost me eight hundred twenty two dollars.  Lesson learned.  Maybe?  Ugh.

Tomorrow is day forty of my Forty Bags in Forty Days purging quest.  The first month was slow moving.  I have truly had a hard time letting go of so many things.  I am certainly no hoarder but a pack rat??  Apparently.  The last couple of days have been very productive.  {go figure that I put this off}  I have a huge pile and a new box of trash bags sitting in the basement.  I just need to bag the stuff and get it out of my house!  I have a pretty good feeling that once I get through this, I can re-access my belongings and do it all again. {most likely with less than forty bags of stuff}  I'm actually looking forward to it.  A cluttered home lends to a cluttered mind. I think I may actually believe that.  I cannot wait to see what else I can get rid of.  This process has become very freeing.  Sigh.

The Edukators rocked the house Saturday night.  We had a great time with our friends and most of the rest of the two cities.  Holy violations left and right!  That place was packed to the rafters and packed some more.  I lost my voice.  Proof positive.  Great time.

My bigs are heading to Great Wolf with their other fam tomorrow.  They are looking forward to the trip.  Andrew purchased an ipod touch last week with money from both houses {and his birthday money from us thrown in early} and it arrived Monday...one day early!  He has been singing the "Tuesday Will Be The Best Day Ever" song and was over the moon that it was waiting for him when he woke up Tuesday morning.  I had quite a time getting it set up last night.  An evening long update fixed the problem {five hours??} and this morning he was in business.  Caleb's apps loaded onto Andrew's ipod, with the exception of the sports apps, which is what I think Andrew wanted.  Hopefully he doesn't recognize the big blue "F" because he can't have a fb account til he's twelve...and he's got over five weeks to go. ☺  Caleb is bummed that Andrew's ipod is a newer generation than his.  Andrew's cool enough to have both the video camera and webcam.  No fair!!  Kids.  Gotta love 'em.

I want spring to come!!  I want to paint something and I want to refinish the deck.  Cleaning out our basement pantry last night, I came across no less than twenty eight gallons of paint and stain, as well as fifteen quarts.  I've read that as long as it has been sealed correctly, it can all last a long time as long as it's stirred well.  Maybe I'll do some mixing or maybe somebody else wants to try a color.  I found a few that have never been opened...Zweigle, I still plan to send you that paint chip and, Kirsten, I'm stopping by soon!!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Oh good!! I cannot wait wait wait to show it off!! So looking forward to discussing out loud, with a friend with good taste of course, all my opportunities and options! Uber excited :).

What channel you guys on?!

Jodi said...

i cannot wait either...i heart opportunities and options!!!