I heart Johanna Olson. Can I just say I totally dig her? Of course I can. This is my blog! I am also thankful for my sister today. She will be shocked by this, I'm sure, but she did good by me today and I am very thankful. Thank you. Can I also say that drinking a bottle of hard apple cider seems to make it difficult to make the hand/glass/mouth connection? Don't be fooled...it has less alcohol by volume than a bottle of wine but I am being a mom right now, hellloooooo, and cannot get all crazy. And believe you me, this is plenty! I cannot remember my last drink. Seriously though, this is heads over tails better than wine. I love grapes, but all wines taste flat to me. Champagne is the way to go. Like the bubbles. This particular hard cider tastes similar. Picked up two bottles on our anniversary trip to TC. Was waiting to share with my hubby. Better luck next time, Keith!!
I came home to a super happy surprise this fine evening. FIVE Christmas cards and a thank you card. That's the most received in one day to date this season. The extra super special part was that I received one unmarked from the addressee. I cannot lie, these tend to be my very favorite. I love getting cards and look forward to them every day but I looovvveee the ones that are totally a surprise until I open them. Quirky, I know. Super happy. I love love love picture cards {not to discount traditional "card" cards} and keep them up every year, all year long, on my back door. My friends and family picture wall. No nail holes. No mess. The kind of clutter I absolutely adore. {if you can really adore clutter}
The day was anything but uneventful, that's for sure and I am pleased as punch to be home. Luckily work was slowish. Really couldn't concentrate. We did, however, have our Christmas office party today. Ate like a caveman and totally made out with loot! {did cavemen eat everything in sight and have bellyaches all afternoon?} Reinforced my excitement for our mystery trip next weekend. Plans have changed since Thanksgiving. We are no longer doing the train/city/Legos/casino stay/Michigan City trip. Things change. I put my big girl pants on, or am at least planning to, and will drive to our destination. It's not The Rockies or anything. Most will laugh when I blog about the trip and realize we didn't go too far. My thing is my hatred of traffic. I cannot stand GR and panic on the s-curve {thanks, Pat, for driving Andrew and I to the doc next week.} I was finally talked into Chicago when I agreed to take the train. Well, we're going a bit further, drive wise, and we're doing it on our own. In big traffic. Yuck. It's for my kids so I'm doing it. Cannot wait.
Thinking I should clean my home, but this drink tastes so good that I think I'll just hang out. School's out for two weeks, Christmas is a week and a day away and we leave the day after. I'll be busy enough soon enough. Tonight's mine. To share with Kyle. Mmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment