I decided to clean out my fridge before heading out to the store. A move that must've cost me another 40 bucks or so! Oh well. My family can, once again, be well fed.♥
Since Kyle was back to school and back to daycare, I seized the opportunity to be a little crafty. I have a pile of stuff I planned to do this Christmas both for myself and for gifts. So far, it's not workin' out for me. I have been waiting anxiously to use my new glitter. After covering myself in platinum paint, school glue, hot glue, super glue and glitter {lots and lots of glitter} I finished a few tags and a little word sign...{the sign is much prettier in real life}
Wrapped a ton of presents!! Holy cow. I thought we were takin' it easy this year since we have plans to drive cross-country after Christmas {joking} but I guess I was wrong.
I'm not finished wrapping yet because I've also been busy putting gifts together for Kyle's teachers and aides, as well as Sunday School staff and Confirmation staff. Whew!! In all, there are 16 small gifts plus 3 bit larger gifts and a classroom gift. I'm tired. There are so many people who touch my childrens' lives on a daily basis and I want them to know we are thankful for them. You should see my counter! Maybe I should have taken that picture. Most of the gifts look the same so I have them rationed into groups depending on where they get delivered in the next couple days. Confusion!
Spanish Club kids participated in Secret Santa this year. Caleb passed but Andrew was gung ho! {that's sooo funny. never spelled it before...?? maybe that's not really how you even say it! maybe I'm the only one.} The kids gave clues {weekly I think} about themselves. Andrew's friend never guessed him. Andrew was the recipient of some Lego people and candy, which he pointed out to me in the car that he ate so no longer could show me. Silly kid. Thanks, Andie {and Kirsten} for making his day!
We're only weeks into the regular ball season and already Caleb has signed up for winter ball through youth sports. Sigh. He's excited so I guess that's all that matters.
Today I am finally registering the boys for NUMATS. I drug my feet because Caleb wasn't sure if he wanted to take the ACT again or try the SAT. The deadlines are different and today is the day for the SAT. I wanted to first make sure another friend was taking the SAT in the same location I planned to take Caleb to because I have a sneaking suspicion that the test is the same day as the Spelling Bee in Remus. I'm already supposed to be somewhere ALL day so I know I cannot possibly be three places at once!
Elf tonight. Edukators tomorrow night. So excited for that because the bigs miss it every year since they are with their dad. This year, as luck would have it, he is out of town and I get to take them to the concert. Sweet!
Looking ahead to a fun-filled next couple of days...



1 comment:
Soooo glad he liked them!! We had a lot of fun choosing them :o)
Glad you're feeling better too - it's no fun to be sick, but hopefully you'll all have it out of the way for when Christmas actually arrives.
Post a Comment