9.03.2009

Tigers, Tigers, Detroit Tigers...

Yeah...not really sure what that's about but it is what Kyle has been chanting non-stop for the last two days.

Caleb lost a tooth the other night. {no pic...can't find my camera!!} At 12 I guess I thought he was done. Not because he lost all of his teeth already, {obviously} but because it has been a couple of years since any action has happened. We were both surprised to find that the tooth fairy showed up sometime in the night. Isn't there a cap on this kind of thing? Apparently not. I think he thought I was up to something last night, though, when I helped him adjust his pillows at bedtime. He asked, "What are you putting under my pillow?" I actually had to pick up the pillow to show him he heard the tag and nothing else. He will certainly be sad to find out I am not the tooth fairy. Kids.

The poor guy also went to bed last night with some jacked up hands. His left was completely swollen and a finger on his right was as well. Football. This morning both looked decent. His left will certainly be bruised. I am thankful that he is done wit practice for the week and that he has no game on Saturday.

Speaking of being jacked up, Kyle got poked in the eye yesterday. I felt sooo bad for him. He cried and cried, which made it worse, and he kept telling me that he couldn't open it. I didn't want him at football practice in case he got dirt in his eye so I had to take him to a church meeting with me. Big mistake. I sat, on edge, the entire meeting, waiting for Pastor to stop talking and scold me for not being able to control my child. The child who was running around playing pretend football in front of the group. Ahem. I wish I could have just disappeared.

Kyle is obviously obsessed with football. And baseball. And basketball. And soccer. Now he knows how to use the remote and changes the channel to ESPN any chance he gets. At my house, at nighttime these days, it's the same ol' thing. Home from football after 8, showers that last 25 minutes total and quick snacks before bedtime. In the midst of all the chaos in the kitchen last night, I hear from the living room, in a total crazed fan cheering voice, " Bett Fowve, I wuf you!!!!!" For the love.

Haha. This picture reminds me of that funny hairdo. Kyle is big on doing stuff himself all of a sudden. He washes his hands now. {his words} He uses minty toothpaste like the boys and he can do his own mohawk. Case in point...



Kyle had his hands FULL of gel and soap. I could hear the soapy, squishy sound of the soap as he ran his fingers through his hair. *Note to grammas...if he says he can do his own hair, DON"T LET HIM!!! He'll look like this!

7 comments:

keith said...

That dude is kool!!. I wuf u Kyle Stratton

Jodi said...

cool with a K? apparently he's KOOLER than u!!! ;)

Keith said...

"K"ool for "K"yle(or I spelled it wrong).

JT said...

I wuv Bett Fowve too! Although I am kinda tired of his inability to MAKE UP HIS MIND!!!

Jodi said...

RIGHT, LIKE WHO EVEN TAKES HIM SERIOUSLY ANYMORE??

Kristin said...

Ok, I love Kyle Stratton and I think Brett is fantastic...I like a person who can't make up his mind...I can relate. So I take him seriuosly!!

jennie said...

OMG.. THE GEL, All that freakin GEL! I am totally dying over here...LOL!!