Sigh. That is how the day has gone for me. Nothing wrong, nothing bad. Today I attended a retirement luncheon for my coaching boss, Mr. Morley. He is retiring from Whitehall after who knows how many years. He used to teach English and coach tennis. I have always been fond of Mr. Morley. He was one of my two favorite teachers in high school. He has been nothing but supportive since I was hired by him last fall. Talking with him, it's as though no time has passed at all between then and now. He has had a rough year with the drama at the high school and takes so much of it personally. I knew he was close to retirement, but not this close. I think all of it took a toll on him and he decided it was time.
I know Lil Vikes has had issues with him. I don't think he comes across as supportive. I don't believe he shot ideas down just to be rude or disrespectful or to throw around his title. I think he is a bit old school. He might not think the youth program has much to do with the high school program, but it certainly doesn't mean he doesn't care. He really cares about Whitehall. I've seen his tears. Today he said something to me to solidify that thought.
We await changes, anxiously, from the new football coach/AD. It will definitely be exciting and scary. A lot may be not so good but plenty will be great ! Change is needed, but some changes are still hard to swallow. Mr. Morley leaving is one of them. I hope he knows how great I think he is and I hope retirement treats him well.
3 comments:
Good ol' Mr.Morley...I hope he has a happy retirement...bingo!!!
I never could figure Mr. Morley out. But I did really enjoy him as a teacher and seriously learned everything I needed to know for Eng 101 and 201 from him.
I am excited to see big wonderful changes for Whitehall!! A lot of kids a care a lot about will be/are going there, and who knows maybe even mine someday:)
Jodi I just wanted to give you a big THANK YOU for the clothes you sent over. As with the last set Greyson will be the best dressed toddler on the block - we are spoiled! I couldn't help a let a few awws escape as I went through the clothes...all those collared shirts! Thanks again.
Post a Comment