We kicked off summer {early} on the last day of school. I picked the boys up, shared some teary hugs with not one, but two fabulous teachers, ran through the drive-thru at Mickey D's and ventured to none other than Michigan's Adventure. {Michigan Adventures, to Andrew} The first day is always a time waster because of the line for renewing our passes. Blah. This year a lot of the lines for the rides were long, too. In years past, the last day of school and the entire month of June was always the best time to go. traffic didn't seem to pick up until July. I took pics, of course, but they are stuck on my little camera like most of spring. Hopefully Hong Kong comes through for me soon. We had a great time. After we left, I picked up Kyle, dropped the boys off to Pat and headed back to the park with Kyle. We stayed til they kicked us out. We rented movies that night because of the big weekend we had in store for us.
Saturday morning I packed for four and headed out to Andrew's soccer game. Undefeated. Great job, yellow. Andrew had a decent game. He rocked the week before.

After the game, we snatched up Caleb and took off for his first of five games in GR over the course of the weekend. Caleb's team played well. They lost their first four games and won their last. In their defense, the club they play in now only plays against other kids from school. These poor boys had no idea what was out there as far as talent goes. After the last game, coach upped the weekly practices a day. Caleb went home with Pat and we went out to lunch at bd's with the Rakes. Yum. When we got home, we watched another movie. She's Just Not That Into You received mixed reviews from friends and family, but both Keith and I really enjoyed it. As a side note, Revolutionary Road was different. I think I liked it, but I'm not sure. It was just that different that I cannot honestly know for sure.Monday...nothing much must have happened Monday because I cannot even remember it. Oh yeah, football camp...the boys signed up for a three day camp from 1-2:30. Tricky. The four of us have jobs, so...Oh well. I tend to live on the edge and like last minute stuff, so really this isn't much different. It always works out. I only had to pick the boys up and take them to camp and it just happened to be at the beginning of my lunch hour.
Yesterday was quite another kind of day. Days off aren't really days off anymore with older children. Proof...being gone all weekend, I am a bit behind with house stuff. Caleb had basketball from 9:30-11:30 so I drove him to town and drove back home to start working. I picked him up at the end of practice and was home in time to get lunch for the boys 45 minutes before I had to leave again to take the big boys to football camp. I went back home just to have the extra time to clean and then drove back to pick them up. Sigh. Once home, I scrambled to get a bunch done and, before I knew it, it was 5pm. Andrew's soccer party was from 6-7, back in town, and I hadn't showered yet. I called Keith to see when he'd be home. He was just heading back...from town...where he had his hair cut. He wasn't thrilled, but graciously agreed to take Andrew back for the party.
Today is the last day of camp. I am driving home to pick the boys up and Kristin is taking them home. Thanks, sis. Tonight and tomorrow night I have cheerleading tryouts and Keith is in charge of the Tenbrinkman children. Keith has a polygraph in GR this afternoon so Caleb may be in charge until he gets home, depending on Kristin's plans. Tomorrow I think the big ones are tagging along with my daycare to Michigan's Adventure. Breathe.
Upcoming events include basketball camp, soccer camp, VBS and two more AYBT tournys. I think we're passing on soccer camp this year, though. Poor kids, is this really summer vacation?
Unedited, unpretty pics...





A merry-go-round indeed.
1 comment:
Merry-go-rounds make me sick...kinda fitting since I don't like being on the go either! It's just as you said, is it REALLY a vacation? Only from school I suppose. 'Just another day in paradise : )
Post a Comment