4.07.2009

Just Another day In Paradise...

Saturday Kristin talked me into taking the boys to Pizza Hut with her and the kids for lunch. She needed to use up three free pizza certificates before they expire and told me I'd be out 6.00 for my half of our yummy lunch. For the record, with the tip, our bill was like 34.00 and some change. Dang. When the two of us go, we split two things and drink water. 6 bucks. Caleb wanted wings, each of the kids wanted an appetizer and real drinks, Alli doesn't like pizza and, well, 34.00 came and went...right out of our pockets.

Kristin wanted to take a little trip to the mall and I wasn't up for it. The garage was calling my name. Andrew decided to go with Kristin and Alli {there was mention of ice cream} and the other two TenBrinkmans came home with me. I guess i should have offered all of them ice cream to go with Kristin. It's fun what a little treat can do to get little boys to shop at Victoria's Secret. Hehe.

The kids played outside while I cleaned the garage. They found a toad. The toad peed on Issac. The boys thought that was cool.
It was nice for Kyle to have a friend to play with. He loves and looks up to both of his brothers but with the age differences, it is nice to have a friend closer in age. Isaac probably doesn't feel the same. He, too, wants to hang with the big kids. I don't think it is Caleb and Andrew. I think it is because he loves me sooo much and since he knows I am so cool, it is safe for him to assume the boys are too.
We brought home an extra little pizza for Keith. As I pulled it out of the car for him, Ashley realized she was hungry again. Her and I eat the same amount of food. I envy her metabolism. I gave her a piece of pizza and handed the box to Keith. Awhile later, I couldn't find Ash. I know she wouldn't run away, but I was still a bit concerned. By this time, Kyle Stark was at my house, too. He was looking for Alli because she offered him one of her Littlest Pet shop dogs or whatever. He decided to stay and play. Nobody knew where Ash had gone. She came around the front corner of the house carrying a shovel full of dirt. I asked her where she got it and she showed me. I told her to dig in the sand and to put the dirt back. In my yard. She said "OK" and headed to a bucket. She dumped my yard out of the bucket, back into the hole she created. 'Had to be there. I pointed to the sand and as I turned around, I glanced a pizza crust under my deck. First, I thought what the...but quickly remembered... Ash threw it under the deck because she didn't find a garbage. That is one way to deal with the problem I guess. I told her she needed to crawl under the deck to get it because Aunt Jodi would get stuck. {that whole metabolism thing}

These goof balls light up my life. I love taking pictures of the two of them together. They remind me of Brooke and Aidan. Ashley wears the pants in this relationship...until she changes into a dress...or skirt...or tutu...{inside joke} All things are definitely her way, but it's all good. Kyle is Ashley's long lost twin...just born on a different day. {another inside joke...the best birthday card, by the way} I am so glad they have each other.
Rockin' it out in the sand. Kyle wanted to use the shovel. Ash told him to get his own. Kyle said, "nah" and they continued on. It works.





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shelly said...

why do toads always seem to pee on Isaac? Last summer that must have happened 5 times here. He loves those things. Ash and her eating just cracks me up, the chick is always hungary. Seriously she will cry for food, I always have to feed her first.. It is so nice that you and Kristin live so close and your kids can grow up together. Cousins are the best!

Dumb Mom said...

Just clicked through to your site from another site I like to visit (hope you don't mind). I have three little dudes myself. Always like to find other mommy's of boys:) And, yum, toad pee. That sounds fun!