3.12.2009

Art...

Wednesday afternoon I received an email from Andrew's teacher. It was a forwarded email from the art teacher reminding me about the Celebration Reception at the Art Museum Wednesday evening. Say whaaaat? I knew Andrew's art was submitted for something, but Andrew never bothered to elaborate. I thought it was an inter-school thing.
The Art Museum featured a children's art exhibit using local school student's art projects. What an exciting week for Andrew! His artwork was [and is} displayed among hundreds of other art. It was a fun thing for the kids. They had a little presentation and there was a scavenger hunt type of deal for all the kids to participate in. It was a great way to introduce them to art.
I don't think this particular project would have been Andrew's own submission. Every year the art teacher has the kids participate in the Square One Art program and every year there is a theme. This year's theme was birds. At least I think it was, because both boys did something flying in the air. Unless it's just that their minds think that much alike. hehe. okay, so I really don't know the answer to that. it really doesn't matter anyway. My boy's got it going on. The only true thing that matters.
Way to go, Andrew!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kim :) said...

Way to go Andrew!! That is an awesome picture! How long does the exhibit go?

jennie said...

Very cool. I had stuff there every few years in school too, and it is a great feeling for a kid.

the boy has an eye for color and composition already. Be prepared for great things:)

So hows the dress destruction, I mean CONSTRUCTION, going?

I cannot wait for those pics!

LUV the new blogheader. Too fun!