3.06.2009

Excitement Builds...

I never answered questions regarding my dress post. No, Kim, a varsity basketball player did not ask me to prom. But wouldn't that be funny?
A group of us girls get together for birthday lunches. We started scrapbook nights for birthdays and all pitched in for a gift. We moved on from that to lunch and gifts. All of it is great. Last November I thought it would be fun to still do birthday lunches since it is a great reason to get together for an hour and chat, but I thought it would also be fun to turn birthday celebrations into one big annual party. I figured I'd host every year because my birthday falls first in the year and timing makes it perfect. I thought everyone could bring a wrapped gift and we'd exchange them in a fun way and we'd have cake and wine and whatever. Well...

The thought outgrew itself and now, in its infancy, the party has certainly taken on a life of its own...in a good way! You know those Ugliest Sweater parties? Well, we're doing an 80's prom! I think ugliest bridesmaid dress most likely falls into the same category. Everyone is dressing up 80's style, complete with dress, hair, jewelry and makeup. Oh, and it gets better. I downloaded the rockingest play list ever! I already have a play list started at home from my vast collection of 80's music, but this takes the cake! I will have prom favors, decor and so much more! I don't want to spoil all the fun {and surprises} but I do promise tons of great pics. The party is next Saturday, so stay tuned...

Here is a sneak peek of my loveliness...I'm sad to report it is a little more early 90's than desired, but I had to guarantee myself a dress. It is too long so I have extra fabric to work with...big bows, anyone? My mama will {hopefully} be helping me with that...right, mommy dearest?? {in a good way??}
Posted by PicasaIn other exciting news, the talent show is tonight at 7pm. Andrew is so excited. I am so excited for him. I will post a video of his performance. Cross your fingers for him. I have a horrible vision of him throwing up all over the stage! {I know, horrible mom thoughts!} I know, I know...he'll do great! Keith is going to be so sad he missed it! He is in Mt. Pleasant at a coaching conference. Bummer.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

8 days and counting...yes, the count down has begun!!!

Andrew, good luck! I know you will do terrrific!!!

Christine said...

I am so excited too!! Apparently, my boobs are too big for those dresses of Annes but maybe I can see what I can do with one of them- if not- off to the thrift store! Can't wait!!!!