I heard the big boys bustling around pretty early Christmas morning. Earlier than usual. I suppose it was that whole Santa thing. I heard noises coming from the present area and yelled out to them. The boys, not the presents. I had a few last minute things in bags because as late as I was up the night before, I had nothing left in me to wrap extra things, especially when they didn't come in nice rectangular boxes. The boys went back to bed and got up a couple of hours later.
Before going on, 4 years ago I purchased 4 new stockings and 4 new stocking holders. I used them one year and Kyle came along. I couldn't find either anywhere. {to purchase extra} My grandma knitted each of the boys a stocking with their names on them before she died. I use them for the boys and Keith and I use my good ones. We have been switching it up every other year where we open presents-upstairs or downstairs. {more than one tree} We want to see if we can stump Santa. Lucky for us, he is the smart one. Unlucky for me, I think my prank played a bad joke on me.
Anyway, this year I decided to hang three stockings on my mantel. Come Christmas Eve, I had to think about what I wanted to do about the stockings. instead of using the boys', I decided to use 2 new Santa hats as stockings for both Keith and myself. Santa's a smart guy.
So the boys got up and ran out to the tree. I grabbed my camera and saw this as I entered my living room...
Sure, it is a pretty cute picture. But there was something terribly wrong. My "stocking" was on Andrew's head. The only way for it to fit on his head is if it was lying there, flat {empty} on the ground. It was the first thing Andrew said to me. "Mom, Santa didn't fill your stocking." No. No, he sure didn't. Next to the boys was another hat, filled to the brim with Christmas prizes. I was sure I was better than Keith this year. I guess next year I better not move the presents downstairs. I guess Santa's joke was on me.
Caleb and Andrew both told us it was their best Christmas ever. They must've been good after all...
I have no idea what this is. Reading the package in his hand, I assumed it was what Andrew asked Santa for. The look on his face told me otherwise. Apparently, this was a digital Pokedex. Andrew wanted the manual version. Santa should've known better. I guess since kids are so digital now it is only fair not to hold Santa accountable this time. After all, remember Andrew's letter about Santa seeing him being naughty? That darn Santa seems a little vengeful this year. I guess we'll all have to be on our best behavior in '09.
Caleb had a list 5 items long this year. He is already super hard because he only wants to play football or soccer and he wants to only wear jerseys. A household can truly only have just so many of those same items in it. Santa was going to choose an item or two off the list and was only leaving me with three items. I had to come up with other options, keeping my fingers crossed. I thought the boys would have fun with Guitar Hero or something like that. I hinted around to them on several
occasions but never were they at all enthused. I was super hesitant but decided, with my back against the wall in the gift giving department, to purchase both Guitar Hero and DDR with an extra mat. Fortunately for me, both of the boys were super excited about their gifts! Yippee!!
1 comment:
Ahhh, yes. Guitar Hero- now they seem to think they need it at our house too! : )
Post a Comment