1.21.2009

Family Hearts...

Days off are good things. Mine was spent trying to clean, but mainly trying to get over whatever it is I have. Yuck.
The jayvee boys had a game last night. Long story, but I finally had all 12 of my girls back last night and was so excited to have a full squad again. I called an early practice before the game. Last minute one of them called to say she'd be about 50 minutes late. She is a main base. You can imagine my grief. We did a lot of standing around. For a long time. We needed the extra practice for stunting. The girls want to do a stunt camp on Saturday. 6 hours. I say okay. One of the girls will be out of town. Same girl. Next week's schedule is ungodly crazy. Three games, two practices and a team building trip to Fruitport to watch a competition. There is no way I can get away with setting up camp for that weekend. I told the girls that the competition is free will but it sounds like they all want to go. :) I'm going either way because Sammi is competing. They placed 2nd a couple of weeks ago. It was her first competition. Go Sam! We are on for Saturday. Stunting from 9-12. break for catered lunch...yeah, we're fancy like that. Actually, I have a Pekadill prodigy on my squad. We'll start back up with an hour of working on our new floor cheer and finish with another couple of hours of stunting. I'm tired just from typing it all. I am having tons of issues with stunting. Everyone wants to do it and everyone wants to be a star. I get it. I also get that nobody can do their part without the others doing theirs. I have 12 girls. 3 sophomores and 9 freshmen. 6 freshmen are flyers. Or should I say 6 have flown in the past. It is already mostly impossible. Throw in some well meaning parents and I have a total mess. Next year won't be any better. I'll lose 2 bases and a back spot and gain...more flyers? I'm glad this isn't a volunteer position!
Last night Kyle and I were watching LMN. {bad habit to get into} The boys had already been in bed for quite awhile and Keith wasn't feeling well so he, too, had already gone to bed. Kyle showed me his artwork he made at Tami's on Monday.
Kyle: Mom, look at my pitchoe.
Me: I know, Kyle, I love your hearts. I'm so glad you made this for me.
Kyle: I made it fo my hoe famiwy. Even Cayeb and Anjew.
Me: Oh. Who is in your whole family?
Kyle: Cayeb and Anjew. And Pat and Jen. And Abbi. And dad and you and me. And gamma.
It's true. We're all one big happy family. So, family, these hearts are for you. All of you. {even if you weren't mentioned. Don't worry. Kyle prays for all of you. Randomly, and not all on the same days, but it happens}
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kristin said...

What? I go from 'Ashee's Mom' to
Aunt Kisstin and there is no love anymore. I want to go back to Ashee's Mom where I get some hearts in honor of me...

JT said...

Ohhh... I'm so almost crying! Ok- not really, just a lil' teary eyed. That is too sweet- what a love!