1.07.2009

The Children Were Nestled...

...all snug on the couch in their super cute Christmas Eve jammies!

Every Christmas Eve we have a party at my mom and dad's. After every party we attend the Candle Light service at church. I have done that on and off for years, even before I attended our church, and years before I had children. I absolutely love all of it. I was so concerned that with all of the changed plans this season due to weather that I was not going to make it to church because of the roads. Keith wasn't able to go with me because he had to work. Lo and behold, we made it. And then I wondered if it was the wrong decision. Kyle is always still awake at that time and I was hoping that the car ride to church was the perfect time for sleep. Ha. Instead, a little into the sermon, I think, he continuously shouted, "I want to go home. NOW!" in his sweet little voice. Actually, it was in this deep growly bossy voice. I'm sure nobody heard him...until after the service when the varsity coach and her daughters made a comment about hearing my son. I was sure she was commenting on either Andrew or Caleb because they love to sing in church and are very...vocal. Oh, nope, not that thought. She was referring to Kyle. So was another friend of mine. Her family sits in the back of the church. I forgot to mention that we were pretty close to the front. It is no wonder I skip church and then write big checks when I do happen to make it. :)

Okay, so we hustled home. Kyle did fall asleep in church. I changed him into his new jams and the boys changed into theirs and they got ready for bed, but not before they set up Santa's plate of the yummy decorated cookies they made, along with a letter to Santa and the carrots for the reindeer. Oh, and I cannot forget the old skeleton key I hung on the wreath for Santa that unlocks our door. {we have no chimney}

I still had one million things to do before I went to bed. I finally headed to my bed at about 3:15 or so. I'm very lucky Santa is so patient. I'm sure I heard sleigh bells overhead, in anticipation of me closing my eyes so he could get in and do his business before morning. Thanks, Mr. C!

I have to share this letter real quick. What it doesn't show is, "Can you write back this time? I'm not trying to be rude."
This one says, "I know you saw and I'm sorry for the bad things I have done. Please forgive me."
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

jennie said...

Love the letter. Nice to see you still have believers. You'll have to give me your secrets on that issue.

JT said...

Oh Jodi, I so used this yesterday- and Andrew was horrified! He was being kinda naughty, not really naughty, just Andrew- you know. So I said to him, "What about the letter to Santa, and that part about being bad and asking for forgiveness...?" He was so shocked and confused that I knew about it, and how! He asked if you told me and I said no. Which is true, I just read your words : )

Kristin said...

I love those boys so much! They really are GREAT kids ALL THREE of them!!!