12.01.2008

I Must Be Doing Something Wrong...

There was so much to my weekend, but this takes the cake. These are four of the gazillion attempts at Christmas card pictures yesterday, and these aren't part of the ones I attempted last Tuesday. Caleb asked me if I could just take a picture of him and Andrew and put that on our cards instead. In his defense, it was prompted by me telling Ann that I was planning on using her sister's kids on my card this year.

What a HOOT! (thanks, Janine) This pic makes me laugh every time. He looks like such a turtle in the actual pic because, well, look at him, plus he was like 4 feet behind his brothers...because that is where he wanted to stand. He also reminds me of Alfalfa, like in the movie version, when he is getting ready to sing...guess you had to see the movie.
Kyle wanted to get his picture taken with his eyes closed...PUNK!
After several failed attempts at group pics, I decided to try three singles There are two problems with this...the first is that my card choices don't offer 3 photo slots. The second...
Posted by Picasa
Okay, so what am I doing wrong? Andrew said to me last night that he doesn't want to be smart anymore. I asked him what alternative he had. He wants to get good grades and he wants to stay out of trouble but he just wants to be normal. He doesn't want the kids at school to call him smart. He doesn't want to be defined by the letters on his report card. Good for him, but seriously...tough life.

4 comments:

Janine said...

Sam's Club offers several with 3 slots, Jod.

jennie said...

I am finding 3 even sized photo cards everywhere! Snapfish and Shutterfly both offer several choices.

Kyle and Grady in the same room could be disaster. I would be curious to see them in a photo together. And then add Isaac. It would be like the Three Stooges.

Tell Andrew that his grades are his business. None of those other kids even need to know what he got. He should be proud, I'm sure this is just a phase. But it is never fun to "stick out" for any reason at his age.

BTW-my advice only comes from my school experiences. Obviously NOT parenting, because you are a bit ahead of me on that one. And I think you are doing a marvelous job:)

JT said...

Wow, I'm shocked Andrew said that. Whenever Caleb gets kudos for being smart, he HAS to make it known that he is as well so he also gets praise... Hmmm?

Jodi said...

I think kids at school refer to him as the smart one or make some kind of comment about "of course Andrew knows the answer"...that kind of thing...he likes the attention, but I think sometimes it gets to be too much and a little sarcastic.

I liked Winkflash and the job they did last year (and the .23 per item)so I'd like to use them again...and they only have 1 slot.