12.31.2008

Anyone Hungry...?

We had big plans last Tuesday. First let me start by stating that my plans for my December Daily have fallen semi flat. I am still chugging along, but my printer broke {??} and I haven't done anything since I picked everything up on Christmas Eve. {I worked on my book since day one right next to the tree} I'm sad because I had so many plans this year and realized that I really do have the time for all of it if I plan it out versus waiting for it all to happen. That isn't why I'm sad. I'm sad because the weather was sooo crazy that many of our plans got postponed or cancelled all together. Aha. Goals for next year. {can you say "think ahead??"}

Okay, so my point is, it was Christmas Eve eve and we hadn't baked and decorated cookies {with the boys} or enjoyed our Christmas movie marathon or driven around to light- gaze. Enter Tuesday. I figured we'd get it all done at once.

I have so much to put in here. Keith bought us a new 50 in. plasma that he picked up the Saturday before. I had a doctor's appointment Tuesday morning so I left the boys to sleep and headed out. Keith worked the night before but I left Caleb in charge. I knew I needed a few more presents for Keith, all three boys, Brenda, Sammi, shoes for both Andrew and Kyle, two ties,...I'm sure there was plenty more but the thought escapes me. {I know this to be true because of the money I later spent} I got out of the doc's office early and decided I'd run out toward the mall. Real Quick. Oh boy. It was the best. I always comment about how much I procrastinate-even on accident. Obviously this Christmas was no exception. I did the best shopping that day. I did a stellar job. I even think I may wait until the week of Christmas next year! :) Are you dying yet?

Okay, so Keith called me at 1:00ish to ask when I'd be home. He had barely slept yet because of the boys. He was so tired I believe he made mention of possibly ripping one of the boys' heads off if he heard something again. Oh. I was at target at the time and actually having a hard time finding the remaining items on my list. That was probably because I had already been there three other times and already had purchased everything they had. I told him I was heading home, without the time to stop at even one more place. I told him I would be there within the hour and movies would start on time-2:00. We would change our lineup and start with his least favorite movie so he could sleep until 4:00...Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas. I scurried out of Target and headed out of dodge. that place was a zoo, which reminded me that next year I wasn't going to be doing all of my shopping the week of Christmas!

My four pics are coming...I promise!

I decided to pull off the highway and run into Meijer. I really didn't have a choice. The next day was Christmas Eve and I was still lacking two very important gifts and two less important gifts. One was super crucial...and next to impossible to find this time of year. I had to try. HOORAY for Meijer! I wish I had known that fact the night before when I took Kyle to Meijer in his jammies to attempt the finishing of my shopping. Whatever! SOLID GOLD! I called Caleb, {it was past 2:00} got a grocery list from him for Wesco, {gotta have fun snacks} picked them up and headed home. We were only about 20 minutes behind. perfect. I figured in 2 hours per movie, which is never the case, so we were right on time.
We watched the otter movie, woke Keith up for The Christmas Story, and then watched How The Grinch Stole Christmas. After #3, we took a break to order pizza and bake cookies. The boys decorated the cookies while Keith picked up dinner. When we were finished, we headed downstairs to watch Polar Express. We didn't watch the other movies downstairs because we all would've had pneumonia by bedtime. We need to rework the heating downstairs so it is might cold, and usually abandoned, all winter long. We cuddled up cozy in all17 of our blankets and watched the last movie. we had more but ran out of time. {zzzzzz} Next year we will start much earlier. It was an awesome end to an awesome day. Too bad I was so nestled in my blankets and didn't dare to move that I forgot to take a picture. I may cheat and sneak another picture in my book.
Okay, so here are a few pics of the cookies. Can you say sugar buzzzzzzzz??



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jennie said...

I have missed you!

You're killing me with this(these) post(s), everyone here is sleeping(I am waiting for a kit to go on sale)and I am holding back the giggles:)
I know it was only last week, but the snow was crazy! A lot of our plans fell through too. I have major guilt over not visiting Santa at the mall. Its killing me. But I wasn't taking 3 little kids out in that crap. Thanks for the reminder that we can't all do it all. Glad everything seemed to fall into place for you guys.

Are those poppy seeds on your cookies?

Shelly said...

all that in 1 day!!!, I also ventured out to a few stores right before Christmas and got a few killer deals but i must admitt I was feeling like strangling a few other shopper's and wondered if it was even worth it. Glad you still got to enjoy the rest of the day with your boy's.