11.26.2008

Onward...

Boy, the holiday hasn't even hit yet and already I am moving on to the next one. It happens every year. Once Halloween is over, I continue to keep the fall gourds, leaf garland and uncarved pumpkins out for as long as I can, to hold on to fall, but it never lasts too long. I kind of skip ahead to Christmas so as not to miss anything.
I recently mentioned this, but it worth mentioning again. I am totally on it this year to enjoy Every. Single. Second.
I went to the 101 crop last Friday night. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to go because of a cheer sleepover for my girls. I planned on staying with them (team building) until they went to bed. Anyway, the sleepover isn't until next Friday so I was, in theory, free to scrap. It was perfect because Keith had the night off and the big boys were with Pat. I had tons of guilt over going but knew I probably won't have a chance again all winter. Keith was okay with it so I went. I had a good time, ate yummy chicken noodle soup and banana bread from Bob Evans and, like I expected, managed to complete ONE layout. Not even a spread. Just one single page layout. I am not a single page layout kind of girl. All of my older books are indeed spreads. One of my newer books, just favorites, was intended to help me step out of the box. The pics have nothing to do with one another so the pages don't either. I knew I would not get much accomplished. I did start a couple of pages. I am famous for that. This book of favorites has mostly unfinished pages. I did a lot of chatting and pacing...well, shopping really, but it felt like pacing. I had lots of thoughts on what I was looking for but the store didn't have any of it. Here is my one and only finished page...and when I say finished, I mean I think it is finished...
The good news is I was totally inspired the next day. I received my package from Two Peas in the mail that had some paper I thought I might use to make my Christmas album that I mentioned. I found paper I totally fell in love with after I ordered this stuff but couldn't find it anywhere to buy it. I was set to work on this book at the crop so I totally have an excuse as to why I wasn't so productive Friday. Anyway, I LOVED like 98% of my purchase. I couldn't wait to work with all of it. I was super busy Saturday but I sat down Saturday night and started working. By Sunday night, this is what I had done...I should've taken some close-ups to show the textures and the fun embellishments I have added so far. Oops. The point is to not add too much to the pages but to have them all ready to go by the 1st so all I'd need to do is slap a pic on a page and journal real quick. My book ended up being 6x6 so I don't have much room to pre- finish the pages. I need to add the photo first to know what room I'll have (up and down or sideways) for numbers and other fun stuff. I think that is okay, though. I am waaay excited to start this book...and to add memories...in just 5 days!!!
Posted by Picasa
Now I am ready to make another book for someone else. Maybe a Sunday School teacher. She is a crafty gal. I'll bet she would find a use for something along this line.
Ooh, and I'm stepping way out of my box...I'm not spellchecking today, so I hope you can at least stumble through this. I'm a horrible typer and a terribly fast talker (thinker) so the combination can often lead to mass destruction.

2 comments:

jennie said...

First off, I want to say that your pic does not do that layout justice. It really turned out great and the colors are so rich. I love it. I am so happy that you came. And that it didnt hurt anyone for you to be gone a few hours that were for YOU. There should not be ANY guilt involved:)

I love your Dec Daily!!!
Who's line is it? One of the santas looks very familar, but I cannot place it. This is going to be so fun. We have to help keep eachother on top of this album. It is so easy for me to fall way behind. With all the hard work moms do for the holidays, this is our gift to ourselves!

P.S. Did you see that 101 is going to have those AMM totes for 50% off? Best deal that guy has ever had...

Jodi said...

Jennie, if you check my comments again...The Wassail Collection by Basic Grey. The Santa is from something else...I cannot remember who and there is plenty in there that I threw in, like Stampin' Up! and other random pieces. I am so happy to be using some of my own stash. I think if I make a couple premade books as gifts for others to slap pics on, I will be so ready to buy more! October Afternoon is finally at Blackberry and I really want it!

I couldn't wait and I bought a tote at Hob Lob...I am a stinker that way. It isn't near as nice or big as the one at 101 but I knew I wouldn't be in town Friday or Saturday.

**and thanks for the compliment on my lone page. I agree with you. It looks much better in person.