I also want to share my new purchase. During our fall birthday lunch a couple of weeks ago, I was awestruck by a gorgeous ring Christina B. (Stark, that is, but until now she didn't know I referred to her that way) was wearing. I have never seen a cooler ring. She told me she got it from Eleanor Rose. It is a store in Montague, similar to the Hokey Pokey. Kris and stopped in there yesterday and just when we were ready to leave, she found the box...the one with the rings in it. This is such a fun ring. It'll be great at Christmastime. (and definitely before!) In case you noticed, I have a good reason for wearing this ring on my (wedding) ring finger. I had it on my right hand but since the camera button is also on the right side of the camera, it was nearly imposiible to take that picture...especially while driving!! :)
So I was thinking that since I had 5 hours before bed last night, there was no need to start costumes and such until later. I played with the idea of shopping. I've had a lot on my mind lately and have been stressin' out so I thought buying lots of something would be nice for me. The bill would have made it worse, though, so I opted out. Instead, I putzed around the house a bit and then decided to clean up outside on and around the porch. I lit some tealights outside and wanted to take a picture. I am still in dummy mode, so this is what I got...fitting for Halloween, I suppose...
At about 7:30, I came back inside and knew I needed to get on it. Before I started, I got all of the costumes and costume pieces out and hung what was ready. I walked into the boys' room and remembered that Andrew mentioned his costume was behind some books. That was how he "took care of" it. When I questioned him, he just gave me a look. I know that look. It has a long explanation behind it. The bottom line is...Kyle. This is where he was hiding his costume...
I won't go into to many specifics. Here is the pile I worked with for Caleb's costume, minus the glue gun. It seemed like every time I sat down to finally start working, I'd remember something else I forgot.
I think Caleb's label turned out okay. My only complaint is that I started the word pepper too soon so sauce was also too soon...not centered. Oh well.
This bottle top hat proved to be trickier than I envisioned. It fits my head snugly, so it will be good for Caleb. Our heads are about the same size. The only problem with this is although I cut it down, it did end up taller than I wanted. I looked like a chef in it.
I'm thinking Caleb will look like a chili pepper. Lynn said he'll look like Gumby. Point taken. A turtleneck would have been more suitable but I never thought past the fact that we already own a green hoodie. 
I also managed to finish the suckers, but really wanted a bit more pop, all while watching a little HGTV.
Oh, and to toot my own horn...I started late and knew I needed to be done by 11:00...
3 comments:
you are crazy, yet amazing.
I love your label, turned out great!
Funny, I call Chris that too- only not to her face, just in reference. : ) LOVE Caleb's costume! I've been waiting anxiously to see it- wonderful job! Don't you have a ring like that? The stone is brown though... you got it this summer at some jewelry party (I think), very fun. (one of every color is always nice!)
You are awesome! Such an inspiration to me! I just wish I had your energy and talent!!!
Post a Comment