10.20.2008

T-O-U-C-H...


...D-O-W-N!!!! Hooray for Caleb!! I have to start this post by sharing Caleb's big news. If you've already read Jen's blog you already know this but, basically, Caleb ran almost 60 yards for a touchdown Saturday at his game!

I was at the field a long time that day and was feeling a little sassy so I decided the girls would cheer on the opposite side of the field. That sounds a bit wacky but it was the side our team was on and we were "supposed to" cheer on the other side. Funk, I know. Anyway, we changed things up a bit with the girls, which gave me extra time to watch the game and take pictures. I had the camera in my hand most of the game. However, when this play of Caleb's took place, I had no camera. It was on the ground next to me but I could only stand there and stare. I didn't want to miss a second of it. WOW! What a great play!! I was so unbelievably proud of him and so disappointed in myself. Oh well. As soon as the he headed off the field, I headed over to him. I think there was a reason I felt compelled to cheer on the wrong side that day. As soon as we met up, I put my arms out to him and we hugged. I picked him up and squeezed him tight. I am thankful I am a coach, and it was especially true that day since I was able to be right with him. It made up for all the plays I missed all season. Our deal has been this all year...when Caleb scores a touchdown, he needs to come off the field, (so as not to get a penalty) yell, "Mom" and give me a thumbs up. It was our little code. I asked him why he didn't do it Saturday and he told me it was only because by the time he got off the field, I was already there. Sweet thing.

Friday (to back up) I left work an hour early to take the fam to the pumpkin Patch. The big boys went into the corn maze with Keith. Kyle played with Tonka trucks. It wasn't the ideal trip but... The pictures were horrible and we didn't buy pumpkins. Oops. Caleb and I went to 1/2 of the varsity football game after that and then went home.

Yesterday was the planned picture day-take 2. The weather was great, besides the wind, but the pics weren't so much. My favorites don't show the boys' faces, which is kind of the point for what they will be used for. I have to say that my husband is fabulous because, as tired as he was, he drove us around...and around...and around...we stopped at 6 locations and passed 2 more and he even drove us around looking for other spots. Here are a few to share...

2 comments:

jennie said...

I dont know where to start...
I feel your pride for Caleb and its so beautiful! A-W-E-S-O-M-E(ya know, cheer style)So happy for the amazing moment.

And the Pics? Holy Crow. Great Job. Unbelievable job. That bridge? Whoa. Where is it? STUNNING.

Not your Happily Ever After said...

You and Kristen have such a gift for photography. Sigh... Beautiful pictures!