10.15.2008

Out Of The Loop...

Boy oh boy, things have been a different kind of crazy over this way.

I cannot even remember last Friday. I don't remember a thing about it after eating pizza during lunch. Oh yeah, we went to the Montague/Oakridge game that night. Wow, what a game. We sat under the bleachers. That's right, we were treated right. I guess that's what they do to people totin' Whitehall Vikings stadium chairs around. Actually, the seats weren't all that bad. We figured out pretty early that there was enough space between the front of the bleachers and the fence to stand. So we did. We were on the 40 yard line. Not bad.

Saturday was game day. The game started off great and we had a touchdown. And then there were no more. Caleb got to play QB for a play. He was pretty geeked about that. My girls were, too, because they got to write on their faces and put tattoos on their arms. It was a good day. To make it better, we went to the Brown Bear for lunch. The last table. Yee ha! We ordered like rockstars. We ate like rockstars. We didn't look or feel like rockstars after eating all the crap. 'Can't win 'em all.

I cannot remember Sunday. Again, nothing spectacular. I waited all day for 5pm because that was when I was picking up the boys and taking them to the Pumpkin Patch. Finally. Sunday was absolutely amazing. The weather was awesome. Keith had to go to a football film-viewing, or something like that. He was so bummed he was going to miss the family outing. I had no idea he'd have plans for Sunday. Sunday is the one day we usually have no real plans. Darn it. Football shouldn't be 7 days a week.

I think we pulled up to the farm at 5:08. I'm not sure how I did it, but I'm sure that is what the clock said. It was so busy there that people had their cars parked on the side of the road. Ugh. As I approached the lot, I noticed tons of parking. Sweet. Perfect timing. Oh, wait. What's that? A rope in front of the driveway? Maybe they are doing something fun in the lot. NOT!! The farm closed at 5:00! Now I understand rules and all that, but come on. It is prime season for this place, it was a gorgeous day, and hey, I had to wait to get my kids!! I'm pouting again, in case you didn't catch it. It was, hear me please, The Perfect Day for the pumpkin patch. Rats.

We came home from the trip and I decided to get the boys cider, since they really wanted some. (pumpkin pie, too) They had no interest in going to Meijer so I left Caleb in charge and headed to the store. I'm sure some of you are freaking out about that right now. I babysat at his age. He is a boy (hear delayed) but what do I do? he needs practice and Kristin was home next door. I even told her about it as I headed out. I love living next door to her for that reason. I love slowing down in front of my neighbor's house to give (or get) the lowdown on an almost daily basis. I would never leave Caleb in charge of Kyle if Kristin was gone. Not yet.

Kyle started running a monster fever. He has allergies and played with Isaac outside the night before and I'm sure that was the reason for the bloodshot eyes. I also thought the fever was due to the outdoors as well. I'll try to fast forward by simply stating that I didn't work Monday and the Motrin bottle is almost empty. Darn fever. Poor baby. He looked okay yesterday afternoon so I thought a little fresh air would be good for him. I took him to practice with me. Big mistake. Duh, Bad Mom of the Year should've considered Kyle's physical state after playing outside two days before when she decided how smart she would be to let him outside again. He looked his worst last night. His fever came back with a vengance as well. I am at work today but shouldn't be. Kyle needs some TLC.

The one thing fun from yesterday was the pics I took in between getting the kids from school, eating an early dinner, 3 boys' haircuts and football practice. Bad Mom of the Year doesn't really apply after all, does it?? (the haircuts look good, too) I want to post a few now, but unfortunately it is 10 minutes to 5 and I don't have time. (church tonight) You'll just have to keep reading my blog and check back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Poor Kyle, I sure hope he is feeling better, how disappointing about the pumpkin farm, we went Saturday after the game and it was so busy!! As for leaving Caleb at home in charge I totally agree, I babysat when I was 10 and I just started leaving Ty home for short periods of time, I like you have Lea right next door and Tyler is pretty responsible, when I told my own mother this she about fell out of her seat, I could tell she did not agree with me but she seems to forget that I used to watch both of my sisters at 11. I guess its different with Grand kids.