9.18.2008

Not Today...

Not today...or yesterday...or even Monday...

I won't be posting new pics of Kyle's room for a few more days. Uugh. I needed some lumber at the lumber store Sunday but with the rain, I didn't want to lug Kyle in and out of stores (I had others to go to as well) and I didn't want the lumber to get wet because then I'd have to wait for it to dry out. I was ready to hang some vinyl lettering and as I unrolled it, a space caught my eye. Two different words were missing a letter each. Darn it. That problem is solved but until the new sheet comes in, I cannot put it up. No worries because I have other issues. I am finally hanging my navy frames from Pottery Barn that I bought two falls ago. Yeah, I'm on the ball. I only bought two when everyone knows to buy in odd numbers. I called my lovely sister and she hooked me up. She bought three but only used one. I'll bet the one I'm getting from her is still in the box. :) Here is the problem. I went all "Candice Olsen" and pulled out a roll of butcher paper, outlined the frames on the paper, and taped it to the wall so I can get my frames level. I am going in the right direction and then crash! Right into a wall. The already attached hooks on the backs of the frames were not level with one another. Seriously. If you can't make 'em even, don't bother putting 'em on because HELLO! Pottery Barn ain't the cheapest ticket in town.

Another problem I am having is with the lumber situation. Keith was planning to pick it up for me yesterday but even with all my measuring and planning, I didn't plan for the lumber (finished product) to not work out with my building plans. Hmmm...Kristin gave me an idea but it was too late for Keith to take care of. Now I need to get back to Muskegon to figure it out.

I suppose the whole point to this story is I haven't forgotten to show the finished product...but I will show it when it is done!

1 comment:

jennie said...

OK, your off the hook...for a little while:)

Whats the lumber for?