We went camping with the Buchbergers, over the weekend, at Yogi Bear in Grand Haven. It's funny, we never consider camping south of us. We tried two campgrounds up north, but both were full so we ventured in the other direction. We had a wonderful time. The weather was terrific. We even complained about it being too hot at times. I already knew this and semi hate to admit it, but I am definitely a city camper. I don't even care anymore. I love a bug-free, dirt-free environment. If I vacationed anywhere else, I wouldn't have to sweep the entire time. I don't consider all of that work vacationing. Those are my only two complaints about the weekend. There was so much for the kids to do.
Yesterday morning, I brought muffins over to the Buchbergers, since I didn't share them the morning before. (I'll get to that) Chris asked why the boys wouldn't want them. I told her they were having Oreos for breakfast. She asked me if I was okay with that...poor Chris. She is such a kind-hearted person and she was so politically correct-thanks, Chris. Yes, it was okay with me because I made the first mistake of buying them on a whim when her and I visited Walmart the night before and I didn't want them in the vicinity, let alone in my home. I commented that they weren't any worse than the pop tarts that I was serving at that particular meal. We each laughed and that was that. Well...I did a comparison between the two and let me tell you...
3 Oreos.......Choco Fudge P.T.(1)....Blueberry P.T. (1)
160 cal............210 cal..........................220 cal.
7 fat.................6 fat..............................7 fat
24 carbs..........36 carbs.......................36 carbs
14 sugars........17 sugars.....................16 sugars
1 protein.........2 protein......................2 protein
1 fiber..............2 fiber..........................2 fiber
I get way more bang for my buck buying Oreos for breakfast, don't you agree?? Okay, so I won't be buying Oreos for breakfast. Actually, I won't be buying Oreas at all. They are the devil's children. All of them.. Every last one. They are not ever allowed in my house. I had no forbiddens in the camper. That ended yesterday. Today...today there are new rules. No Oreos. No where (this even warrants 2 words instead of one). No way. No how.
5 comments:
I'm so confused... I know it doesn't take much, I am a blonde through and through. But why are they banned?
I was wondering the same thing! I love oreos - but they don't make their way into my house very often because I have NO CONTROL when they do. They are gone before I even realize they are open. LOL!
They are banned because do you know what a person looks like after eating an entire container of Oreos at a time? Often? I LOVE OREOS! I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER! I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER OREOS!!!
Damn Oreos...
Yeah!! I also forgave in my craving and bought some too! Those damn oreos! Kevin and I finished them off Sunday night because we were starting back up tomorrow- at least that is what we always say!! So far so good- bet the weekend isn't here yet- See you later!! Chris
Post a Comment