7.03.2008

Success...

By George, I think he's got it!!! It was a long few days but by Sunday, we only had to change Kyle's underwear one time! He made it through church and grocery shopping and didn't have an accident until 5:30 that night. Yippee! Monday was another successful day. We took the fam to Michigan's Adventure and Kyle had one accident again. Darn #2. That night, he actually made it to the potty for that same darn #2. "Jood job, Tyle Tatton!" He used to call himself Dyle, but now it is Tyle. And, yes, I meant to type "jood". He has been getting M-n-Ms for a job well done and I've been giving him way more than the standard 1 for #1 and 3 for #2. I was worried about how to break him of that when the time comes, but we actually have to remind him he gets the goods. Wow! We skipped the (great) concert last night (rain) in favor of the Red Wok. (Keith's birthday-his choice) Kyle was in the bathroom 4 or 5 times. I truly lost count. I knew eating there could very possibly cause concern, but lo and behold he did me proud! We are still using pull-ups at night, but they have been showing all 5 backpacks on them in the morning. Say it with me...HOORAY!!!!! I know we aren't there quite yet, but I am very hopeful! Tami will be amazed!

My poser...he likes his new big boy boxer briefs. They are just like daddy's and his "buddoes".

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I knew he could do it. I told you, it would be a couple of days of hell, but he would get it. Just stick with it! You did great mom!!!!

I love the "hula belly" it looks like his twin sister!!! And his Aunt Kristin!!!!!

jennie said...

friggin' cute drawers. He is adorable! Yeah for potty time!!!!

The Bug said...

Great Job to Both of YOU!!! And what a cutie!