5.19.2008

Ahhh...

Yes, I was able to finish my door in time for Mother's Day. It only took me a day to get both coats on. The second coat went on very fast. It took me 2 or 3 more days just to get the new handles. It was a nice sight to come home to...a new, pretty black door with men's white sport socks stuck into each of the two holes. Lovely. I need to do a few touch ups, but for the most part, it looks nice. That piece of white trim under the door needs a fix. I was going to paint it black (thank God I didn't!!) but decided to wait and analyze it instead. It just isn't right. I think the door is too high off the porch. Kristin let me know Saturday that I was right about the trim not needing to be there, but instead it should be trim. Ahhh...okay, that makes sense. Why didn't the professionals see it that way?


This picture is a bit dark, and it shows no pretty green grass, but I think the wicker was a good choice to put out here.


It definitely takes up space. The cheesy rug actually goes with the camper, but it looks much better than the original green rug I had there before.

2 comments:

Janine said...

looks awesome!!!

Kelley said...

Jodi, it looks great! I just love it!