4.17.2008

Baby Update...

I just wanted to share an update about Abbi...

I talked to Pat last night and Abbi's breathing was stable. This morning Jen called to let me know that Abbi is still doing fine and she is still taking the same dose of meds she was taking at 4:00 yesterday afternoon. Yippee!! Pat and Jen were able to hold her (finally) last night after she was stable for 6 hours. Pat and Jen have been staying at the hospital in a suite of some sort. They are continuing to stay through the weekend. Pat goes back to work next week, and Jen isn't sure what her plans are. The doctors took Abbi off her IV and she is now able to be fed breast milk. If she responds well, they will feed her every 3 hours. The doctors gave Pat and Jen a weight Abbi needs to be to have her pacemaker implanted, and as long as her feeding goes well, she should hit that weight in about 2 weeks...or less!! We are going to visit them on Saturday. I cannot remember if I already blogged this but kids need to be 9 to hold Abbi and Andrew just turned 9 on Tuesday!! Pat and Jen are hangin' in there and, obviously, today is a good day. Please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers. I will continue to keep everyone updated.

3 comments:

jennie said...

Oh my gosh...sending lots of prayers and good thoughts their way. I can only imagine. Thanks for posting...

The Kennedy's said...

Jodi, It's Bubba & Heather.. I just wanted to pass our thoughts and prayers. I have had to preemies in Devos Childrens hospital. They both were 2 months early & because of the great staff they were able to come home in just over a week. So I just wanted to pass on our GREAT experience there. If they have any question about things I might be able to help. I know Abbi is there for a different problem but they are in a great place!

Anonymous said...

DO NOT OPEN THE PREVIOUS COMMENT. I thought it was about the baby and all these virus/worm things popped up on my computer. I don't know yet if I was infected but it said I was. Heather kennedy